Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is it. It all comes down to this..... >

This is it. It all comes down to this.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is it. It all comes down to this.....

Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This is it. It all comes down to this.....

ORIGINAL: mobow

Man, you lame ducks sure know how to foil a good rally pep talk.........[&o] I need a beer.....
Lmao!! Grab me one too while your at It!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Man, you lame ducks sure know how to foil a good rally pep talk.........[&o] I need a beer.....
Lmao!! Grab me one too while your at It!
Lol! I think I could use 2 or 3...I'm getting a bit nervous about my property now with the upcoming rut.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am putting on my game face and am ready coach!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Ok ya'll......it's time to put on our game faces. It's starting to pick up here......I'm seeing bucks in the middle of the day, and the deer/vehicle collisions have really increased the last couple of days. This is it fellas! This is the time of the year we all wait for! We dream about it. We pray about it. We bust our asse s all year preparing for it. We save vacation days, just to use them all right now. We shoot hundreds, if not thousands, of arrows. Tweak our gear, scour over maps.....Stock up on the essentials....Wash our gear, practice sound scent control. We spend our hard earned money. Spend time with the family in the off season, only to make us not being home right now bearable. We bust our tails doing house work, yard work....

And gentlemen, (and ladies)it's ALL in preparation for the next 2-3 weeks. Every ounce of sweat, blood.....and maybe even some tears. It all comes down to this. THIS is OUR time! THIS is when dreams come true! THIS....................is the whitetail rut.
Dude, its 11:15 PMright now, but youve got me so fired up right now, im heading to the woods.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you mobo. Ive been seeing lots of action here in MO also.I watchedtwo 130 class 8pts along with a 7pt and forky chase each other and does for an hour the night before last. The chase period has definitely started, you just have to be in the right place

My first week of vacation starts friday. Ill be in a tree the whole time.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea well it all kind of stopped here this week. The bucks were scraping to beat hell and moving and then whamo, like someone turned off a light switch. ive seen this pattern before and that can only mean one thing. All hell is about to break lose in 1-3 days! Get ready in WI boys and girls, itsa comin, real quick.......lord I hope.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night had a nice 2.5 yr old 8pt come in directly under me and scent checked a couple young does. After he ran the does off he made 3 scrapes within 30 yrds of me. It was pretty freakin awesome. I start vacation tomorrow the 31st so I think I'll be hitting it almost perfect.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Spike

Very well put. I agree 100% The next 3 weeks are it.all the practice, and prep is over and its time to get on with it. Good Luck and shoot straight.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

Another week or two and itll be on here........NC
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dam I feel like high fiving someone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.