Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rutting Activity? >

Rutting Activity?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rutting Activity?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default Rutting Activity?

I have yet to see any rut or even pre-rut activity. Very few scrapes and hardly any rubs. Maybe I just need to spend more time in the woods, but usually I see a lot more in the spots I have been hunting. What is going on?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rutting Activity?

Give them a few more days.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]
been the same here, not sure whats going on. all of a sudden there were a few scrapes here and there and then they stopped hitting them. Ive seen is pattern before, give em 1-3 days and hold on cause its about to be game on.
[/blockquote]
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

No shortage of activity in my woods. Scrapes everywhere and bucks chasing does. Had a 160 class buck dogging 4 does last night. Grunting up a storm. Saw 3 other small bucks cruising too.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things are just getting started here. Cold weather really got them on their feet, but now its warmning back up. Scrapes are getting hammered around here too.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

There starting!!!

Last night saw a 120 inch 8 piont chasing does all around me for about 30 minutes last night, along with a 10 point that was in the 140-150 range(super tall rack) the does werent in heat but the bucks were getting geared up, it wont be long until its the real thing. Tried to get a shot at the 10 but he never gave me a clean shot.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im seeing all kinds of activity in MD the past 2 days. I saw some hard chasing yesterday and got that on video as well as rubs, scrapes, etc. I posted some vids on another post but here you go, some pre rut activity. This was from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlvTQTmXiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CLRDayt6ts
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Missouri it's on.......Guys are killing rutted up bucks and I even had a report of a doe being bred multiple times last tuesday evening. Scrapes and rubs everywhere, and I'm seeing more and more bucks at odd times of the day.

All's right with the world!

GH
Old 10-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

scrapes & rubs popping up here... brother in law had a 4 pointer chasing a doe all over the place under his stand last night. Right on her tail... grunting... tail straight out...

Old 10-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Im seeing all kinds of activity in MD the past 2 days. I saw some hard chasing yesterday and got that on video as well as rubs, scrapes, etc. I posted some vids on another post but here you go, some pre rut activity. This was from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwlvTQTmXiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CLRDayt6ts
Ditto, I was out in MD last night, had a young buck chasing does.. Also was able to call in a little buck w/ the can.I've seen lots of rubs/scrapes and the bucks are just starting to SEEK!

Quick Reply: Rutting Activity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.