Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kansas Buck...What do you think it might score >

Kansas Buck...What do you think it might score

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kansas Buck...What do you think it might score

Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Default Kansas Buck...What do you think it might score

Can anyone tell me what he might score

Shot this buck at 20 yards in some CRP grass with my bow.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kansas Buck

no story? heck of a buck look at that gray snout!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, Nice buck. Looks like at least 140" Mulie. You stalked him in a crp field? I gotta hear this one. Awesome buck. Can't wait to hear the story.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Spike

Thats a heck of a nice muley! Did you put a stalk on him, where abouts are you in kansas? Im headed out to that way from the KC area in a couple weeks to have a try at shooting a muley looks like a heck of alot of fun.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck! What's the story?

Next time...SMILE!!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM

alright heres the story...as requested. This is only my second year bowhunting and i got a decent 5x5 whitetail last year and i wanted to get a mule deer to put on the wall. i accomplished that. anyway...the location i have stands at doesn't get much buck traffic through it till the rut so me and a friend just went out to see if we could spot any nice bucks. We hadn't seen much all afternoon then finally saw this guy and two other small bucks on top of this little hill. we sit and watched them for a while and they started down into the valley so we decided to go around and try to get ahead of them and down wind...because like always it was pretty windy here in kansas. We went around the hill we were sitting on and started up the valley they were in. We couldn't see any of them anymore then as we walked further we saw thesmaller two take off running up the hill. We were pretty dissappointed and figured this guy was already gone too but we kept walking up the valley through some fairly tall grass and then i spotted the top of his antlers about 70 yards ahead in some very tall weeds. luckily he paid no attention to us. So we very quietly snuck up toward him and when i got about 20 yards away i just waited for him to walk out because i couldn't get a good shot off due too the tall weeds he was in. After a long ten minutes or so he came walking out and i drew back and got an arrow off. It hit its mark and he went about 50 yards up the hill and was done. Now hes at the taxidermist and i cant wait to get him back
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM

im in southwest kansas around the garden city area
Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats an absolute monster in my book!!! CONGRATS!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Kansas Buck **story as requested**

Im from Garden, I guess we moved out of there a few yeares ago. Thats where Im headed in a couple weeks, I spotted some nice mulies over the summer working on the farm around lakin so I might be hunting that mostly. What grade are you in?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Kansas Buck **story as requested**

im a freshman in college at Fort Hays State University

Quick Reply: Kansas Buck...What do you think it might score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.