Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 82nd Airborne or X-Force??? >

82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 82nd Airborne or X-Force???

Jeff~

Curious as why you would suggest the Captain? It's an inch and half longer, no more brace height, and slower? What are the benefits of a Captain vs. the PSE?
May have misspoke, then, Brandon. I should have said....whichever BT model replaced the Ally. I thought the captain was that bow.

"Faster" doesn't necessarily mean "better" IMO.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jeff~

Curious as why you would suggest the Captain? It's an inch and half longer, no more brace height, and slower? What are the benefits of a Captain vs. the PSE?
May have misspoke, then, Brandon. I should have said....whichever BT model replaced the Ally. I thought the captain was that bow.

"Faster" doesn't necessarily mean "better" IMO.
And that is where we will agree whole heartedly. I was going on pure statistics, you could out shoot me with a Darton, but mine would get past the target faster[8D].
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, I would take the Bowtech over the PSE. Just my personal preference, but that is the bow I prefered....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Its also about the mods as well gentlemen...the speed mod is the harsh draw without putting excessive stress on the limbs like the xforce. and also the 82nd 348with 80% let off the PSE needs 75% to do it. The smooth mod on the 82nd is only about 325fps but is a SMOOTHER draw and is still 80% let off..So PSE can not even come close.
#1 your sacrificing brace height and a harsh draw cycle to get 350, so when you switch to the smooth mod you've got a smoother draw, less speed, and still almost an inch shorter brace height? As far as the stress on the limbs, isn't that what these bows are built for? I'm no proffessional, but I wouldn't build a Z06 corvette motor unless I had the right chassis to put it in?

BY THE WAY GUYS I OWN A DIAMOND IT"S DANG FINE BOW!
The 82nd doesn't come with smooth mods, it only has speed mods.

I have to laugh when guys say the draw force is harsh, ya'll got to learn how to draw them, I find it smooth as silk. I've drawn worse, like the Trykon.

GMMAT may be refering to the SWAT.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am shooting an 82nd now. It's the most accurate bowI have ever owned and it was a very easy to paper/walk back tune. I have shot the my smallest groups ever with this bow.The draw cycle is not harsh (60 lb) and the quailty is top notch.

With that said, I would not recommend it to a bowhunter. The bow is very sensitive to the slightest form deviation: I have shot it a lot from a tree set-up in my backyard and it is not forgiving. I have killed 5 does with from the treestand/ambush saddlebut it demands the utmost attention to form. My fear is that if I am presented with a shot that requires an unusual poistion or with thick gloves I might not be able to provide good form.

I would definitely buy a Bowtech but I would look for something more forgiving unless my focus was 3D. The difference is speed is just not noticable in hunting situations.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Its also about the mods as well gentlemen...the speed mod is the harsh draw without putting excessive stress on the limbs like the xforce. and also the 82nd 348with 80% let off the PSE needs 75% to do it. The smooth mod on the 82nd is only about 325fps but is a SMOOTHER draw and is still 80% let off..So PSE can not even come close.
You haven't tried the new '09 X-Force. It is faster and has 80% letoff. I prefer it over the 82nd, but that is my personal opinion. Give the '09 a try before you rate all X-Forces the same.