HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   how long did it take (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270519-how-long-did-take.html)

bigtim6656 10-28-2008 06:51 PM

how long did it take

How many years did it take you to kill a deer. I have been going at it 5 years now I have yet to get a deer. I missed two last week which was my first year bow hunting. my third out of the last four hunting. This is my fifth i still have not got one. Am i in with alot of guys or am i just doomed.

Western MA Hunter 10-28-2008 06:54 PM

RE: how long did it take

I dabbled w/ bow hunting when I was younger.. not too serious, so, not counting that, I think it was my second season of seriously bowhunting. Nice fat doe. Stick with it...it will happen. Once the ice is broken, it will get easier!

bigfathunter 10-28-2008 06:54 PM

it took me 4 years with a rifle and 3 with a bow so your not alone it just takes time and it gets way way easier after the first one

GMMAT 10-28-2008 06:55 PM

I hunted probably 30 times in '05 (my first season) and took one ill-advised shot on the closer. Nothing for that year.

I came back in '06 and took 5. Took 9, last year....and 3 (so far) this season.

Hang in there, pal.;)

Schultzy 10-28-2008 06:59 PM

My 2nd year of hunting I got my deer. I'm thinking It was my 2nd or 3rd sit of the year and I was 13 years old. I hunted 3 times my 1st year hunting, I wasn't Into It too much my 1st year for some reason.

bigtim6656 10-28-2008 07:03 PM

I also dabbled with bow hunting when i was 13. I got the game deer avenger and was hooked. Kind odd but so be it. Then on my birthday me and my parents stopped at a yard sale. There sits a 6 month old bear bow. The local store had it for 200 bucks. The closed and sold it for 50s bucks. I bought it for 50 bucks with 24 arrows and everything to shoot. My uncle helped me get into shooting. He told me not to hunt until i had to go from 6 arrows to 3 because i was trashing them. Which i took for real good groups. He told me it would take 6 months. In three weekends off shooting i was robin hooding his arrow with mine. After that i shot first then him. I hunted two years then. I had a field behind my house. I would walk around and look for the deer not much of a hunt though.

I lost my bow when camping my dadhung it on a tree at the camp site. He did not bother to tell me. The camp manager went home with a nice bow that night.
If i had it today it would be hanging on my wall and i would have hunted ever since. I stopped due to lack of funds to replace the bow.

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I dabbled w/ bow hunting when I was younger.. not too serious, so, not counting that, I think it was my second season of seriously bowhunting. Nice fat doe. Stick with it...it will happen. Once the ice is broken, it will get easier!

OKbowhunter20 10-28-2008 08:05 PM

I got my first deer with a bow during my third season trying..

bowman15 10-28-2008 08:11 PM

Ishot my first deer first day of my second season. But my second deerwas 6 years later.

fingerz42 10-28-2008 08:13 PM

About 45 minutes.

Deleted User 10-28-2008 08:22 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]