Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot one tonight.....

Hey DT, I have been so unlucky to have hit two deer in my life in the shoulder knuckle. I found both arrows within 50 yard of POI. Both times I had less than 1 1/2" of penetration. If that is where you hit him at, you should be able to find the arrow fairly easily. Also, if that is where you hit him at, he will be fine. However, I am a little concerned that you were not able to find the arrow. It would lead me to believe that you did not hit him in the shoulder knuckle and that the arrow is either still in him or is laying on the grounded where he bedded. I don't know what your timber looks like, but I think it would be worth the effort and retracing your steps again. Good luck and I hope the outcome is favorable.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: FOP23

The back pedal I am witnessing over the last 7 pages is similar to the one I read about the guy that was going to sabotage a treestand for trespassers. Who posted that one again?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I know, Kicking, I know.

I plan on heading back later. It just sucks that I cant bring help here. The landowner doesnt allow me to bring others on this property. I can bring ONE guy and he cant make it until after work- DARK !

I really hope that he is ok, but nothing adds up-

If I hit him in the shoulder- I should have found the arrow.

If I hit him where I thought that I did- I should have found HIM

If I did gut shoot him, he should have been dead by the morning or at least I would have found blood from last night, after the rain.

I'm puzzled. Call it lack of experience, but I dont know what else to do. I walked those woods TWICE...Like a hound, too.[>:]
Iswear you hunt in the twilight zone. Guarded compounds, weird landowners? It's not like you are bringing a guy to hunt. Very little adds up. I thought your grandma owned a ton of land that you hunt. I had to bust on ya but I couldn't make this stuff up.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

DT IMO You need to go back and look for that arrow! Keep the deer out of your mind and focus on finding the arrow. It will tell you a lot IF you find it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

What the hell were you doing bowhunting in a pouring rain anyway? we all know rain washes blood away. The more you post the more I wonder.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM

I hit one in the shoulder knuckle last year. Got him again on trailcam three weeks later, he was okay. I heard it crack, loud, when it hit. But then again I was fairly close and the woods were very calm. I took my son and my father the next morning, we searched very hard, and I never so much as found the arrow. I don't know what else to tell you, good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

What the hell were you doing bowhunting in a pouring rain anyway? we all know rain washes blood away. The more you post the more I wonder.
So rain is a reason to not hunt? I know some of you are having fun ripping on DT, but that statement doesn't seem to make alot of sense.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.