Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No More Small Bucks! >

No More Small Bucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No More Small Bucks!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

you get guys like the goof above pictured with the spike hornsetting up 15 guys on 20 acres and blasting all of the deer that we raise.
I understand your anger.
Other hunters are killing "your" deer before you raise them to the arbitrary standard you have set that we all should follow.
This makes it harder for you to get your "trophy" making your cornflakes taste bad.

Steve
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

you get guys like the goof above pictured with the spike horn setting up 15 guys on 20 acres and blasting all of the deer that we raise.
I understand your anger.
Other hunters are killing "your" deer before you raise them to the arbitrary standard you have set that we all should follow.
This makes it harder for you to get your "trophy" making your cornflakes taste bad.

Steve
Funny, but not quite.

It is because it is bad for the herd, among other reasons.

Be part of the solution!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

you get guys like the goof above pictured with the spike hornsetting up 15 guys on 20 acres and blasting all of the deer that we raise.
I understand your anger.

Steve
Funny, but not quite.

It is because it is bad for the herd, among other reasons.

Be part of the solution!
Yes the solution for easy monster buck whacking!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dopler, I completely agree with you 100% about your theory on harvesting more mature deer. I believe that if the more experienced hunters only shot mature deer the P&Y and B&C deer entries per year would sky rocket. There would be more large deer running around everywhere and the average buck takens overall score would increase drastically. That being said I completely disagree with how you go about this thread. If you and I were talking our views would be similar and that would be fine. You come on here and criticize hunters calling them "goofs" for shooting small racked deer, that is purely unnecessary. Like I said, I agree with your theory but it will never work. You forget the large part of the equation. PEOPLE! People and their situations are subjective and not everyone has the same oppurtunities. That is why this post is offensive to lots of people. Although you are right to an extent, what has this thread done. And trust me, I know where you are coming from. I havent harvested a buck in 2 years because of my "standards" and that is fine with me. But i will not go on here to HNI, a public website accesible by anyone and say anyone with experience who harvests immature game are ignorant or "goofs" or any of the other things you've said.

Also, ive read and posted in a few other threads that you started that had a very similar tonelike this one. You bring your one sided opinions in on HNI and try to preach that that is the only way to think/believe,and if you dont think the same your inferior. Those threads do nothing but make the people who disagree, disagree more. I seriously believe that you could have made this thread in particular positive by not targeting the people who harvest immature deer. You could have actually seriously brought your theory across and maybe swayed some to higher their standards. Instead you leave a bitter taste in peoples mouths and your time spent is pointless. Threads like these do nothing but cause a stir and ruckuss for no reason, when if worded differently the outcome couldve been different. As far as you standing for what you said, amen to that but why cant you do it in another way. You dont need to do what the masses do, or be politically correct at all times, but why come of as a radical, beligerent, single minded swag when you could have been less offensive.

I hope I responded up to par by your standards.I triednot to make an inferior "one lined" post with no real intent. Although I did target you for your way of going about these threads, I tried to give different ideas to make you express your opinions in a less singular sounding tone, which is what causes the bashing, and essentially is why im posting. Like i said before, I do agree with you, but it wont everhappen.Good luck this year, and behappy for whatever it is thatyou do harvest.
Derek
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

All this talk of "Shoot a doe dont shoot a young buck."

My question is
why does it matter if your hunting for meat?
If you shoot a young doe that could ruin the chances of shooting an even bigger buck than if you shot a young buck.
That young doe, or any doe for that matter, might have the genetics to help produce a monster!

don't go around telling people what should make them happy
IMO people should shoot whatever makes them happy, it might not be the same buck that i would shoot, but if it makes the hunter who shot it happy thats all that matters to me

Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

So I guess shooting botton bucks is a bad thing too??????????
Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys, you're not even halfway to 20 pages.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Sir Doplar,
I shot a 8 point 2 weeks ago on the club land that I am a member of with my bow. I am very proud to have takne the buck and most people in this area would be. I pulled his jawbone when I skinned the skull for a European mount. When I compared it to the books I have he was 4.5 years old. Guess what he scored about 100" s maybe if I would have let him get to 16 or 17 years old he would have made it to 130". There are some areas that I honestly feel like you can let a buck grow as old as you want and he just want get that big I could be wrong. Just about 45 minutes north of me you can harvest a mature buck that will score in the 140 and 150 range. The neat part about that is that you can litteraly fertilize the ground we have here with the dirt that they have up there.
With all that being said I feel that there are many variables that go into growing larger bucks than just age alone.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: drockw

Dopler, I completely agree with you 100% about your theory on harvesting more mature deer. I believe that if the more experienced hunters only shot mature deer the P&Y and B&C deer entries per year would sky rocket. There would be more large deer running around everywhere and the average buck takens overall score would increase drastically. That being said I completely disagree with how you go about this thread. If you and I were talking our views would be similar and that would be fine. You come on here and criticize hunters calling them "goofs" for shooting small racked deer, that is purely unnecessary. Like I said, I agree with your theory but it will never work. You forget the large part of the equation. PEOPLE! People and their situations are subjective and not everyone has the same oppurtunities. That is why this post is offensive to lots of people. Although you are right to an extent, what has this thread done. And trust me, I know where you are coming from. I havent harvested a buck in 2 years because of my "standards" and that is fine with me. But i will not go on here to HNI, a public website accesible by anyone and say anyone with experience who harvests immature game are ignorant or "goofs" or any of the other things you've said.

Also, ive read and posted in a few other threads that you started that had a very similar tonelike this one. You bring your one sided opinions in on HNI and try to preach that that is the only way to think/believe,and if you dont think the same your inferior. Those threads do nothing but make the people who disagree, disagree more. I seriously believe that you could have made this thread in particular positive by not targeting the people who harvest immature deer. You could have actually seriously brought your theory across and maybe swayed some to higher their standards. Instead you leave a bitter taste in peoples mouths and your time spent is pointless. Threads like these do nothing but cause a stir and ruckuss for no reason, when if worded differently the outcome couldve been different. As far as you standing for what you said, amen to that but why cant you do it in another way. You dont need to do what the masses do, or be politically correct at all times, but why come of as a radical, beligerent, single minded swag when you could have been less offensive.

I hope I responded up to par by your standards.I triednot to make an inferior "one lined" post with no real intent. Although I did target you for your way of going about these threads, I tried to give different ideas to make you express your opinions in a less singular sounding tone, which is what causes the bashing, and essentially is why im posting. Like i said before, I do agree with you, but it wont everhappen.Good luck this year, and behappy for whatever it is thatyou do harvest.
Derek
Very well said!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Derek
Great post!

Quick Reply: No More Small Bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.