Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No More Small Bucks! >

No More Small Bucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No More Small Bucks!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

pictures whare are the pictures well this guy probly has only killed little deer that he is not proud of so he think you shouldent be proud of your deer ether well buddy you wouldent last long around the neck of the woods that i hunt you start making fun of a deer that some kill and is proud of you might not like the out come buddy
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roadkillwarrior

Let me guess, you probably dont like Uncle Ted do ya?
Funny guy, questionable ethics, IMO.

Roadkill,

A couple of the "to's" in your signature, should be "too". Just thought I'd help you out!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't read through all this garbage. I get sick of reading it. (I know, don't open it).

Here's the thing. Shoot what YOU want to, don't worry about what other people shoot. Different things make different people happy. Remember that, I don't need big deer to make me happy. . I kill does too, but I'm going to shoot what I want to. Unless it's special circumstances, like I'm on someone else's land.

Moral to the story, worry about yourself, and congratulate the successful guys. It doesn't have to be big to make it a trophy.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it better to kill a doe in an area where the population is low? Why is it betterto take the genitally bestbreeding animal from the herd while protecting potentially less desirable bucks to live and procreate?

Yes`I now a mature buck has the same genes as he did as a fawn.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

When you keep shooting young deer, you are being selfish, IMO. Do us all a favor, and give back. Passing on younger deer puts your ass in a tree longer, and helps the herd. Smack a mature doe. She'll taste great, and it will be a good thing for the local deer herd, as a whole

this is assuming every hunter has unlimited time to hunt.Where I live doe are off limits in half of the state, so that is not an option. Many hunters are lucky to even see a deer during hunting season here, and then they are expected to pass on it because it won't make the big buck club..

Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I didn't read through all this garbage. I get sick of reading it. (I know, don't open it).

Here's the thing. Shoot what YOU want to, don't worry about what other people shoot. Different things make different people happy. Remember that, I don't need big deer to make me happy. . I kill does too, but I'm going to shoot what I want to. Unless it's special circumstances, like I'm on someone else's land.

Moral to the story, worry about yourself, and congratulate the successful guys. It doesn't have to be big to make it a trophy.
I can't argue with this!

BUT, just because it is a trophy, does NOT mean that it was good for the herd.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why is this guy getting chastised because he believes you should let young bucks walk? Wouldnt it be nice if every hunter would let the spikes and basket rack 4 points walk? I mean if you're just hunting meat, kill a doe. Why continually shoot young immature bucks just for the sake of saying "i got mine"

This is exactly the problem in my area, everyone just wants to kill one so they can say well I killed one. Why doesnt anyone ever want to demonstrate some Quality deer management...?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Where I live doe are off limits in half of the state, so that is not an option
And that is sadly the problem with the dnr in a lot of states. If does were open all season, (as they should be in in in 98% of the cases) people would be much more likely to pass up on a 1 1/2 year old deer. In some ways i agree with the original post, and in others i disagree. say what you want. It doesn't matter. QDM works.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Why is this guy getting chastised because he believes you should let young bucks walk? Wouldnt it be nice if every hunter would let the spikes and basket rack 4 points walk? I mean if you're just hunting meat, kill a doe. Why continually shoot young immature bucks just for the sake of saying "i got mine"

This is exactly the problem in my area, everyone just wants to kill one so they can say well I killed one. Why doesnt anyone ever want to demonstrate some Quality deer management...?
Just maybe you two should buy some land and manage it as you see fit.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM

b/c some people don't practice QDM fingerz42...Im not practicing it myslef, but I am in a way....I won't shoot a small buck in certain areas, but some circumstances justify it to me, bad season, no luck, no meat, end of the year, camera is on me, land being developed, deer pops out of control, last year on the lease..etc...I don't shoot everything that walks, hell I passed on a 3 pt this week and let him walk b/c I didn't want to burn a buck tag, I also didn't want to fool with him late at night, a big buck would have been ok with me...but he never showed... I would have shot a doe that night, b/c they need thining out. to each his own...if you don't control the land you hunt plus the stuff around you, QDM will not work if everyone is not on board with it in your area..

Quick Reply: No More Small Bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.