Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No More Small Bucks! >

No More Small Bucks!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No More Small Bucks!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No More Small Bucks!

Glad the first buck I took with a bow was a 7 point, gets me off the hook. Now I will raise the bar a little, but if it comes down to a point in a season where it's a 6 or nothing, the 6 six is going down. Let me add that so far this year we have seen many6 point bucks or smaller and have only spotted 2 eights. Granted it's still early and the corn is still up. It's alsp strange that we hear gunshots at 7 in the morning during bow season. Must feel a real need to get up and practice at that hour...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Shooting a deer, no matter what the size the rack, is still managment. Managing the population is very important. I do have some standards on what I shoot, but I dont give a s#$% about what anyone else shoots.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Nope Brent, wrong again. I don't brag about what I shoot. Ienjoy the challenge of shooting bigger bucks is all, 140" or bigger, that's just the goal I've set for myself. An no, I have not got a buck yet thisyear. I enjoy the meat too and I'm doing a better service by shooting a doe and helping to equalize the buck doe ratio to boot.I just figure it's a shame to shoot a six pointer when I can shoot a doe and I get the same meat. Is it that hard of a concept to grasp that by letting the little bucks live, they grow up bigger the following year and it helps the herd too. Sounds like awin win to me? Please explain to me the mentaility of shooting a little buck when you've already got ten under your belt, why not shoot a doe, I really would like a good explanation? No one has come up with one so far?
You accomplished nothing here except revealing your ignorance of deer hunting and what its really all about. Now go away with dignity and let the thread die.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM

I am wondering what you mean about "do you really think they really impress anyone?". Seems like you need to start a site about "MY EGO TRIP". Shallow people need not apply here. Many of these people on this site just want to enjoy what we are given. If you start your "IMPRESS ME SIGHT, I will not join it. you others, enjoy what you hunt for. I am not a young hunternor am I handicapped. I have taken many big game animals over 29 years of bow hunting. As you get older, you may grow out of your ego trip. Just hope that I continue to enjoy deer meat, not brag about the horns.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not going to apologize for this post, like I said I stand by it. I even received some personal emails from this post. I guess it stirs up many feelings in people. I believe in what I said,and you may not like it but Isay what I think andnot what the massesthinkbecause it's more politically correct. [/align][/align]By the way, Vabowman, congratulations on a well thought out response, one of the very few so far. I respect youropinion.[/align][/align]Then there was the post on the guy hunting on only 8 acres, how many pople do you have on the 8 acres? I've cut lawns bigger than 8 acres, get yourself some land for goodness sake. You're the type ofguy who I don't want next to my land that's for sure, we call your types nipplesuckers. [/align]
Old 10-28-2008, 04:56 PM

I'm not going to apologize for this post, like I said I stand by it. I even received some personal emails from this post. I guess it stirs up many feelings in people. I believe in what I said,and you may not like it but Isay what I think andnot what the massesthinkbecause it's more politically correct.
[/align]
[/align]By the way, Vabowman, congratulations on a well thought out response, one of the very few so far. I respect youropinion.
[/align]
[/align]Then there was the post on the guy hunting on only 8 acres, how many pople do you have on the 8 acres? I've cut lawns bigger than 8 acres, get yourself some land for goodness sake. You're the type ofguy who I don't want next to my land that's for sure, we call your types nipplesuckers.
[/align]
I really dont know who you think you are telling others what deer they can kill Mr. Smarty Pants.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Ooops, forgot to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Smarty Pants, of the Illinois Pants family ;-)

Becasue this is America, that's why I said what I believed. Maybe a small issue for you but I appreciate the freedom of speech.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

This is my annual rant to encourage game management.

Must be your first annual since you have not been a member for a year.

I qualify my argument

I doesn't appear that your qualified for anything except for an ignorant post!

A whitetaildeer reaches an averagescore of 130" inches of horn at 3.5 years of age.

Any research to back this statement?

Shooting a small buck is likepicking apples before they're ripe, likecutting field corn when it's still green--let em grow!

You are incorrect! This would be like shooting a buck in velvet, or before the antlers were done growing for that year.

Your qdm mentality is great for YOU and YOUR property, but not everyone can do this. I hunt on about 8 acres of woods, many times there may not be any deer there at all! I understand that Illinois has some great bucks, but in my neck of the woods, if I see a 130 class buck, its probably 13.5, not 3.5yrs. If nobody shot small bucks on occasion, the deer population would probably explode.

I like the way you think
Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Post some pics of your mounts. I honestly just want to see.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM

Ooops, forgot to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Smarty Pants, of the Illinois Pants family ;-)

Becasue this is America, that's why I said what I believed. Maybe a small issue for you but I appreciate the freedom of speech.
And since this is America, everyone canharvest whatever the hell deer they want to captain.

Quick Reply: No More Small Bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.