Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Southwestern PA

Old 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Southwestern PA

I just moved near Bridgeville and all my hunting places are back where I used to live. Do any of you know where there is some public land I can check out? It is unfortunate that I have no place to hunt after work this time of year when the rut is about to begin. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Old 10-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Southwestern PA

There are some game lands in washington county out by starlake you might be able to hit. Otherwise finding land can be tough.
Where did you used to live?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Greene county is loaded with public hunting. Most of them have or I should say did have a good deer herd until last year. Just have to go and find a spot.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Ill have to check out some arial maps of them 2 locations. Are they game lands or just non posted areas?

I used to live in Lower Burrell.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Spike

I grew up in Bridgeville. You may get lucky and get permission to bow hunt a few woodlots that are around there. Also, as you head out towards Cecil, Pa you will get into a more rural environment. If I were you thats where I would go and start doing some door to door. Greene County is great but gets a ton of pressure. That where I grew up gun hunting. Good luck and let me know if you need any help.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks bmb. I am not familar with this area at all. So far all i know is where I live and where I work and some what that is inbetween. I live in Heidelberg.

I am not sure where Cecil is located however ill look it up. From the looks of it, green county is a good drive to get to from here. I was hoping for something w/ like 20 mins so I could sneak out after work for an hr or 2.

Where are you located now?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Cecil is not that far. I actually noticed that area via arial maps when i was looking. I noticed the fields. I may have to take a drive out that way and see what i see.....
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greene County (PA) has a few Gamelands in Mt. Morris, Kirby and Bobtown that are worth hunting and not too populated with bowhunters, gun season at these places is alot different. Better get started, the bucks are starting to act alittle funny the last couple of evenings.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

There are some Gamelands near Claysville someplace, maybe 40 minutes from you. Lots of farms out there also.I flipped a house in that area last year and remember driving by them. There are some within 15 minutes of the Laboratory exit on I-79 also. You'll take Rt. 40 towards Uniontown, then turn right where 519 hits 40 I think. Been 10 years since I been in those woods.

If you can get a relatively current USGS map of the areas, they'll show the State Game Lands. I used to toy around on the Greene County game lands quite a bit, but the doe tag increase a few years ago thinned those woods out. And the EHD last year didn't help either. There were always some decent bucks around though.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Spike

I'm living in New Castle, Pa currently. About 1 hr. away. You may also want to check out the in the direction of Kings Restaurant and Shop N Save are. ( if you were getting off 79 in bridgeville turn left instead of right) Keep driving down that road in that direction. Wish I could tell you which way that is but the name eludes me at the moment. It gets pretty rural out there as well. Again, no game lands but plenty of private property available with some permission.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Southwestern PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.