HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Increased Deer Movement (OHIO) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270413-increased-deer-movement-ohio.html)

dave37 10-28-2008 09:12 AM

Increased Deer Movement (OHIO)

Just wondering if anyone has been noticing an increase in deer movement in the last week and a half or so. Ive been sicker than a dog and have not been able do get out due to a ridiculious cough (or otherwise id be out anyways). My dad drives at night and says hes been seeing quite a few more out than the previous weeks.

GR8atta2d 10-28-2008 09:28 AM

RE: Increased Deer Movement (OHIO)

In a word "NO"! In NE Ohio (Columbiana, Mahoning County) there is no interest in does. The 20-30 mph winds driving rain and gusts to 40+ have made the last 4-5 days very tough!

The early season has been very tough for me, all time low on sightings. I did see 2 bucks yesterday a 6 & 9 butt heads and tickle antlers. Not fighting just a casual "how do you do". Neither were shooters in my book.

dave37 10-28-2008 09:41 AM

Ive had sort of the excact opposite "this being my fourth year bowhunting" has been the most exciting to me, ive seen 2 of the biggest bucks i think ive ever seen in this area on one of our little tiny 12 acre tracts. Thats been drivin me nuts knowin there out there and im at home ! Kind of funny i was trying to "sign -up" to this site the other day when i figured out that i already had , that being said in 05 when i did i had one post, i wont even embarris myself further by repeating but lets just say what a difference a few years make in hunting ! hell what a difference it makes every time just a little doe walks by your stand and you watch and take notes ! If your in your stand SCHOOLS IN !

By the way im in southern seneca, northern wyandot county

GR8atta2d 10-28-2008 09:50 AM

Well Dave, of course I had to go into your history and read that "first post" lol.

We all have grown alot, in part to this site! But you did have one distinction in that thread, The infamous Cardeer was the last to reply to it. He was a long standing and well respect figure here on HNI. He is missed.

buckeyehntr5 10-28-2008 09:50 AM

I've been seeing more activity and getting more day time pics of bucks in the past 2 weeks. I have also found a couple new scrapes. My buddy which is on the road alot for work seen two bucks yesterday off of the interstate that were out crusing at 12:00 and 1:30.

dave37 10-28-2008 09:58 AM

Yeah that was a wopper huh ! lol how far north of lima are you ? im pretty close - about 23 miles east of findlay "tiffin"

GR8atta2d 10-28-2008 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: dave37

Yeah that was a wopper huh ! lol how far north of lima are you ? im pretty close - about 23 miles east of findlay "tiffin"

Lots of people make this asumption..but actually my town is North Lima..on theOhio/PA border near Youngstown.

bowhuntinoh 10-28-2008 10:08 AM

the bucks just started tearing up the trees on the 26th in highland county

The Deer Destroyer 10-28-2008 10:11 AM

More rutting activity in Tuscarawas county here.