Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is Bowhunting worth my job?? >

Is Bowhunting worth my job??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is Bowhunting worth my job??

Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Is Bowhunting worth my job??

my sup. had the day off and it was 6 o clock the other sup was gone for the day and in the past my sup. told me he was cool with it. So I assumed it would be ok but I assumed wrong. My sup. told me when he was giving me a ride home he had no problem with it but he was not going to put his butt on the line for me and get himself in trouble.
So I think he sold me out to cover his own butt. I did the same thing like 2 months ago and took personal time
and he could have cared less. But he is about 10 years years younger them me and is scared to death of his
boss. He is the one that set the standard and then crumbled like the Berlin wall.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a shaddy boss to me. hope you can find another job soon.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM

For now i would file for unemployment. If you get turned down because the company protested it, file an appeal and request a conference hearing with you,company and unemployment agency.

My wife was fired saying she did not follow the company dress code. It was total BS, and she did this and got unemployment. She busted the company in the conference because they could not come up with a written dress code and warnings she supposedly had gotten several times. None of this was in documentation and the unemployment agency ended the conference and gave my wife unemployment.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Spike

cjohnson, I am in the same situation as you are in. I won't go into the lengthy story but you are not alone!! I also live in an area where there is NO WORK!!
Luckily my wife makes good money and we can get by, but I am worried none the less.good luck to you.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks. Good luck on finding a new job. Great buck by the way.

Does seem a little bit harsh, this being the first time something like this has came up. They could have been just looking to cut cost and this 'mishap' just occuried at the wrong time and they saw an opportunity to cut a position??
Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would at the very least contact a lawyer and see what they have to say. You would be amazed at some of the things a lawyer can get done. Like someone else said, if you are able to get your job back, start looking right away, they will be gunning for you for sure. Please remember, when one door closes, another door opens. Good luck!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM

thanks all for the words of the wise. I put my paper work in for unemployment and we will see were that go's and
thinking about calling a lawyer not sure if it will be a waste or not. There is just nothing in my area in the field I work
in[:@]. My big trip to Ill. is this weekend for 10 days and told my hunting buddys I was not sure I was able to go now.
And they said I have to go what a waist it would be to spend all that money on our lease and not hunt it.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Spike

Many companies will fire you if you are sick or leave early on Friday. I've seen it happen too much. I always say God has a different plan for me when something like that happens.

Update your resume and go find another job. You job is not your life. It just lets you live your life the way you choose. Good luck! SRM
Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Spike

You might look into apprenticeship programs. They are usually listed in your state's Dept of Labor and Industry webpage. SRM
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

They will likely fight you getting unemployment. When you go to your FIRST appeal hearing, make SURE you have aLAWYER. Trust me on this!

Quick Reply: Is Bowhunting worth my job??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.