HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you think....advice!?!? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270361-what-do-you-think-advice.html)

zubba 10-27-2008 08:46 PM

What do you think....advice!?!?

I'll make it simple. Buck broadside, 20 yards away. The shot was a little high and forward. The buck ran hard for 30 yards then stopped and stood still. Was waiting for the 'wobbly legs' to start, but they didn't. The buck SLOWLY started walking off. Found the arrow...broke off....about 11" of penitration. Found descent blood where he stood, followed it for 15 yards....then decided to back out till the morning.

What do you think? Single lung?!? What do you think the slow walking away means? Thanks in advance.

Schultzy 10-27-2008 09:18 PM

RE: What do you think....advice!?!?

Good luck.:)

Edited.

PreacherTony 10-28-2008 04:05 AM

Keep us posted, Kurt ..... a high forward hit from a treestand can be real tough .....

GMMAT 10-28-2008 04:20 AM

Possible high one lung.
From 20yds broadside.....HOW Do you get a high one lung hit?

11" of penetration is probably at least 1/2 way through that animal. Deader than a doornail. Good luck on your recovery.

AR Bowhunter 10-28-2008 04:54 AM

He will not go far I figure. If you can shoot him broadside an he starts running an then walking 20 yards later. He will probably lay down soon. If its not to far forward.

rybohunter 10-28-2008 05:00 AM

Depends on how high and forward. I’ve hit deer high & forward and dropped them in their tracks because the spine dips lower than you think up there. If you are highER and forward, you may have went over the spine and won’t find the deer because it won’t be dead. If you aren’t that high, you’ve got both lungs and a dead deer. Good luck.

tsoc 10-28-2008 05:08 AM

You did the right thing to back out,11 inches is quite a bit of penetration.You didn't say but hopefully the broadhead is still in him so as he moves it will continue to do damage.I wish you good luck!

rybohunter 10-28-2008 09:51 AM

Any update?

RobinAim Low 10-28-2008 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

11" of penetration is probably at least 1/2 way through that animal.
I would say most or all theway through.

Schultzy 10-28-2008 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Possible high one lung.
From 20yds broadside.....HOW Do you get a high one lung hit?

11" of penetration is probably at least 1/2 way through that animal. Deader than a doornail. Good luck on your recovery.
My bad! I must of been off In never never land when I typed up my post last night. Still could be high lungs, hope It Is. Might also be above the spine. We'll find out soon enough.