Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Outdoors

Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drury Outdoors

they are no doubt my favorite team to watch huntI believe they do it as we would, they may have some premo properties but they did it themselves
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Droptine, i see your point and agree with you.

i like terry and mark, the other jokers i don't care foras much. i have more respect for mark and terry then the rest of the crew. I'd love to have terry and mark as a mentor, their experience and abilites far outway the other crew members.
besides from what i understand any joe blow and send in footage. the pay back was a mere $1000 for a good big buck kill and only a couple hundred dollars for a doe. now i got that from one of the team members about 9 years ago when i called him trying to get involved. so realisticly how many "big bucks" does the average joe blow kill a year? In my home state of illinois it's a max of 2. so i'd need to hunt out of state for more oportunities. then you have your taxidermy bill to deal with. and it would take about 3-4 years just to pay off the high-def video camera you bought to film the hunt.
so i guess my point is, is getting on tv really that important to you? if you're looking for recognition for being a "big buck killer" or "master hunter caused you made it in a video killing a big deer" wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just send in you picture of your once in a lifetime 170" buck to your local newpaper?

all videos now have high standards of buck size. i would bet that 99% of us will never see the size of deer in our lifetime that the drury boys kill. hell they pass on deer that are bigger then most of us ever see. why???cause of location, location, location. if we had enough money to buy a huge piece of land in a prime county and have the equipment to farm and food plot and manage the herd we could have big deer on video too.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I am trying to say is that most hunters are targetting a trophy..and why not. An old buck with a large rack signifies a much smarter and wary animal than a young buck. So, obviously there is a greater sense of accomplishement. Americans are noturiously competetive, in all regards. So, why does hunting differ. just because a hunter is out for a trophy, doenst mean he isnt enjoying hunting. Right ? It doesnt mean that he is some unethical guy who lacks the morals that hunters should have, does it ?
Agreed that most hunters strive to kill a large buck, but to say that killing big deer is what hunting is all about is..............well............not how I see it. If that's what drives you then I say go for it. I have been hunting for 22 years and I can honestly say that my best memories of Hunting are not centered around any particular animal. I tend to remember the sights, smells, sounds, and conversation more than anything and most always before I remember a big buck taken.

I also remember the mistakes more....[&:]

Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

It had to do with the way Drury pays for footage, or more specifically, if they pay for footage. Please know, that not every piece of footageyou see on their videos was done by a "Drury Person". My buddy was employeed by Drury, they used a ton of his footage, but refused to pay because their was no kill at the end. I can understand not paying him for footage they won't use. However, to use the footage and not pay, pretty shady. Also, you should talk to some of the land owners around them in Northern Missouri about tresspassing and other ethical subjects. I believe you will see them in a whole new light. I know this is a business for them, just another reason why I don't really care for them, or any other T.V hunting shows.
1. Your buddy should have had all his ducks in a row with Drury Outdoors, in writing, before he ever layed down one second of footage to pass along to them. If he didn't...his dumb mistake. If he did, and Drury's did not comply, your buddy has an easy case most likely the size able to be handled in small claims court. You call them pretty shady, but really, it's pretty simple - your buddy knew what he was getting into at the start, or at least should have. I have read and signed some of their paperwork before...

2.I assume that when you throw around statements that discredit them, you have factual information to back it up? I ask because you make your statements so matter of factly. Second hand this or that that your buddy's cousin's girlfriend's daddy said really is not what I am asking about here.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never met them or had anything to do with them.... Therefore I cannot say anything... Good videos though..

Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM

Im a big fan of the Drury Outdoors....I have many of their DVDs
Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

Droptine, i see your point and agree with you.

i like terry and mark, the other jokers i don't care foras much. i have more respect for mark and terry then the rest of the crew. I'd love to have terry and mark as a mentor, their experience and abilites far outway the other crew members.
besides from what i understand any joe blow and send in footage. the pay back was a mere $1000 for a good big buck kill and only a couple hundred dollars for a doe. now i got that from one of the team members about 9 years ago when i called him trying to get involved. so realisticly how many "big bucks" does the average joe blow kill a year? In my home state of illinois it's a max of 2. so i'd need to hunt out of state for more oportunities. then you have your taxidermy bill to deal with. and it would take about 3-4 years just to pay off the high-def video camera you bought to film the hunt.
so i guess my point is, is getting on tv really that important to you? if you're looking for recognition for being a "big buck killer" or "master hunter caused you made it in a video killing a big deer" wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just send in you picture of your once in a lifetime 170" buck to your local newpaper?

all videos now have high standards of buck size. i would bet that 99% of us will never see the size of deer in our lifetime that the drury boys kill. hell they pass on deer that are bigger then most of us ever see. why???cause of location, location, location. if we had enough money to buy a huge piece of land in a prime county and have the equipment to farm and food plot and manage the herd we could have big deer on video too.
The reason they seem to always shoot big bucks is because they let younger deer go. They have a great management plan, and it pays off for them. When you pass on the younger bucks, they will get bigger. I'm sick and tired of people saying they never see big bucks. I ask them do you shoot 1 1/2 olds? They say yes, and I tell them that's the reason. My dad and I started passing on the younger bucks, and now, the bucks we have on our property are getting bigger. We know ofover 10 bucks that are shooters, and there's probably more. Including a HUGE typical buck that has avoided us since 2003. We've had one shot at him, and got him on film, and the shot missed (my dad's bow was off.) Hopefully we get a crack at him. He got that big by us letting him grow and get older. He's now either 6 or 7 1/2, nd he is still a monster.

Quick Reply: Drury Outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.