Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Outdoors

Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drury Outdoors

Yeah I like em'.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Used to watch there shows, not big into them anymore.

Didnt like the whole idea of turning deer hunting into a competition with teams competing for the top spot, basing on footage and kills. I know thats only one of there series but still, its a glimpse into how they see hunting, like they have to one up everyone. Maybe thats what drives them, it just doesnt work that way for me.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jackflap

[quote]I don't want to bad mouth the Drury boys; they do produce a quality video. However, I have seen the behind the scenes stuff that goes on with their operation and have very little respect for the manner in which they handle themselves. I have a good friend that worked for them and another good friend that owns land next their Northern Missouri farm. Stand up guys, they are not. Therefore, I have boycotted their videos and T.V. shows for about five years now and do not plan on ending that any time soon.
I don't have an opinion one way or the other, butI do have to comment on your post. I kinda laughed while reading it wondering what you would have said about them if you DID want to bad mouth them.
Again, not questioning what you said, just wondering why you started out with the first sentence after reading what followed.
[/quote]

You make a very good point, I should not have started the post off like that. I shouldhave said what I thought about the Drury boys and left itlike that. I guess it was just my bad attempt at being polically correct,something I have never been good at.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

I like watching their videos. The Dream Season series is by far my favorite. Of course, I don't know what they are like in person, so I can't comment on how I feel about them, because I do not know them.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Droptine. The competitions im speaking about arent the friendly riverly ones you have with your peers.

Drury had a show for a while, im not sure its on anymore where they take contestants and hunt places all over the country, and they have to abid by rules set fourth by the show and they compete against each other to win a cash prize at the end of the season for the team with the best bucks and best footage. I just dont agree with turning hunting into a reality TV show you can watch on FOX, plus it gives us a bit of a bad image to the non hunting public.

its just my opinion
Old 10-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

I can concur with you Droptine.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

The Drury'smake the best hunting videos out there,period. I don't like half of the left wing nut job hollywood actors either but I still watch the films--except for the following, Rosie O'Donell, Martin Sheen, Dixie Chicks, and Alec Baldwin (I have to draw the line on the nuty angryleftists somewhere).Besides, Terry makes me giggle becasue he screws up all the time and it makes me feel better about my own screw ups ;-)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really liked the Drury's when they first started out. Their videos were always very imformative and still are. Unlike other hunting videos/shows you watch they actually show more than just the kill. They take you back to scouting methods, food plot planting, hanging stands, ets. It gives the viewer an inside look as to the science behind their gameplan. I will also give them credit that they are damn good at what they do.

However here is my bone to pick with them. Not a fan of the team competitions. I don't feel like hunters should be rewarded with cash prizes and what not by competingagainst other teams. It also seems like over recent years they have been nothing but one big commercial for their sponsors. I know these are the people that fund their show and everything but I don't need to hear how shooting a PSE and wearing Scent-Lok boots are the only way to kill a deer every minute of the show. They also pushed Hoyt for so many years and now all of a sudden they are on the PSE bandwagon???That doesn't make much sense to me...not sure if they did it b/c of money terms alone or what.

As informative and intelligent as they are as hunters, I have went from purchasing at least one sometimes 2 of their dvds a year to none.

Quick Reply: Drury Outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.