HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Read This & You Could Be Smarter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270108-read-you-could-smarter.html)

AF Hunter 10-26-2008 06:57 PM

Read This & You Could Be Smarter

For many years, I was a Korean linguist in the Army. My wife is from there and I have been able to keep my language skills up.

Now, for those of you who don't speak Korean, the Korean word for deer is sasum (pronounced saw some). Years ago, a friend of mine would ask me how to pronounce different words in Korean and he asked me about the word deer. I told him what it was and then a few days later he called me and said "I saw some awesome sasum." He then asked me how to say "hunting". I told him "sanyong" (pronounced saw nyoung). Then it was how to say "Let's" = "haja" (pronounced ha jaw). Yesterday, he called me and said "Sasum sanyong haja!" It was 7 or 8 years ago that I taught him the words and he still remembered. He only muzzleloads, so in late December we'll be muzzleloading. The word for bow is hwa.

Ok, I admit I am bored and you just read this for probably pretty much nothing, but maybe you'll remember.

So to all my friends out here, you too can call me up and say Sasum hwa sanyong haja, and we'll go.

NY/Al 10-26-2008 07:03 PM

RE: Read This & You Could Be Smarter

In fact I might have gotten dumber....[>:]

Just funnin[8D]Thats pretty cool there!:D

AF Hunter 10-26-2008 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

In fact I might have gotten dumber....[>:]

Just funnin[8D]Thats pretty cool there!:D
Nonun aju dokdok han kundingee ya!:D

virginiashadow 10-26-2008 07:08 PM

Sasum hwa sanyong haja =

A spaceship received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The astonauts studied these messages and found that "Elros Aldarion Elendil" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and "Edain Mnyatur Elros" means "Danger spaceship Fire" and "Aldarion Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion".
What does "Elendil" mean?
DANGER - EXPLOSION - NOTHING - ROCKET - GAS

AF Hunter 10-26-2008 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Sasum hwa sanyong haja =

A spaceship received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The astonauts studied these messages and found that
"Elros Aldarion Elendil" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and
"Edain Mnyatur Elros" means "Danger spaceship Fire" and
"Aldarion Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion".
What does "Elendil" mean?
DANGER - EXPLOSION - NOTHING - ROCKET - GAS
Elros appears in the first and second sentences and the only common word in those two sentences is Danger.
Aldarion appears in the first and third, and the only common word is Explosion.
Therefore, using common thinking, Elendil would be Rocket.

virginiashadow 10-26-2008 07:27 PM

Elros appears in the first and second sentences and the only common word in those two sentences is Danger.
Aldarion appears in the first and third, and the only common word is Explosion.
Therefore, using common thinking, Elendil would be Rocket.
I used a plastic worm to pull you out of your nest AF---the leader's intelligence is exposed once again as the underground movement of your little club has resurfaced.

Marylandbowhunter 10-26-2008 08:24 PM

I will never get back 30 sec of my life thanks to this post . :DPretty cool stuff actually thanks for sharing

MN/Kyle 10-26-2008 08:51 PM

Quiere usted ir arco que caza

TEmbry 10-26-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Quiere usted ir arco que caza
You want to go bowhunting? I assume...

You want to go archer that hunts? word for word guess at translation, Ive had 3-4 years of spanish and still have trouble even saying my name.[8D]

MN/Kyle 10-26-2008 09:52 PM

Do you want to go bowhunting?

I think that is what it says...I've had5 years, and still struggle. LOL.