Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video >

Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video

Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video

Well guys i went out on my evening hunt feeling pretty good. The weather was right (a little windy) andI had 2 does and 2 button bucks come out into the field early. After they had exited, a momma doe and her fawn came out at 30 yards. They were behind a tree leaning into the field with only the fawn in the open. The doe started to come my way so i glanced up to make sure no other deer would bust me when i drew and i just caught the body of another deer going into the woods. I slowly pulled up my bino's and nearly had a heart attack. This is what walked out into the feild:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Cay4redneck/Freak%20Daddy/?action=view&current=BigBuck4.flv

He fed for a bit and then chased the momma doe into the woods twice. He was grunting like crazy and also made a few scrapes. He got within 20 yards at one point while chasing the doe, but i couldnt shoot through the vines the branches. I wanted to get a shot at this deer sooooo bad, but i knew my arrow would not go through the brush and be accurate. A few times when he seemed like he was going to walk off i grunted or bleated. It got his attention but he would not leave the doe. Soon a few more does joined him in the feild and their was nothing i could do. I got about 25 total minutes of video...but a lifetime of experience watching this guy. I think the reason he entered the feild was because i hit the rattling horns pretty hard about 10 minutes before he showed up. One doe eventually got nervous and took off, and the rest of the deer followed her single file out of the field with their tails up. As i was climbing down i had a spike come in at about ten yards.

Heres some clips (sorry for the quality, its Hi8 [:@]):

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Cay4redneck/Freak%20Daddy/?action=view&current=BigBuck2.flv

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Cay4redneck/Freak%20Daddy/?action=view&current=BigBuck.flv

And here he is chasing (first time i have seen that in the woods):

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Cay4redneck/Freak%20Daddy/?action=view&current=BigBuck3.flv

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Cay4redneck/Freak%20Daddy/?action=view&current=chasing.flv

This is the same buck that i posted pictures of inAugust that my buddy's deer camera had taken. Im pretty sure he has 17 points, and he goes by "Freak Daddy".

Heres the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYzEXP8LmI
Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video

That is one nice deer, cool you got video of it.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY CRAP dude!! That was awesome!! What would that deer weigh? 350lbs!? That sucker was HUGE. Man, i deffinately wouldnt have been holding the camera... But I sure am glad you did

Awesome footage! Good Luck with him!

If I were you Idon't know if I would be sick for being soclose without a shot orexcited for seeing him..... deffinately both.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the camera on a Gorilla Tree arm, but the footage is shaky because i was shaking the whole damn tree . I did feel a little sick about not getting a shot but whenever i have a close encounter like that (though this ismy first with a monster buck), i feel like it was a successful hunt. I'm going back tomorrow night with a decoy to try and lure him back out.

As for weight, i have no idea, but it made the does look puny and made the fawn look absalutely tiny
Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 PM

holy crap, that thing is huge.

I get up in 4 hours to go, but am too anxious to sleep.[:@]

Instead I am researchin my likely upcoming Alaska bowhunting trip, DIY backpacking style.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im too pumped to sleep right now
Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap....that thing is one big sonofagun.......
Old 10-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great footage! I hope you get him!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap Caleb....I bet you get instant flashbacks everytime you close your eyes of that guy. What a cool looking deer, thanks for posting the vid's. Good Luck with the pursuit of him.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!!! I would piss my pants if I saw something like that. Stick that bad boy!!! GL, I hope you get him

Quick Reply: Unbelievable hunt...droptine chasing does on video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.