Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!! >

PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PETA tidbit worthy of sharing!!!!

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

Although PETA does suck, this type of thing only sheds negative light on us unfortunately.
+1.

Regardless of whether its funny or not it shines a negative light on us as it make it look as though hunters are partially doing what they do just in spite of PETA. I actually didn't know it went through people's mind to do things like this after a hunt.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:10 AM

I thought it was funny. I really dont know why we dont stand up and fight for hunters rights, its not like were wrong?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I thought it was funny. I really dont know why we dont stand up and fight for hunters rights, its not like were wrong?
standing up for hunter's rights and bashing another organization are two totally different things. We hate when PETA comes throwing stickers and pamphlets around us, but, in all reality they are just stating what they believe to be right. They don't come at us with stickers that say "Hunter's Suck!"
Old 10-26-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

standing up for hunter's rights and bashing another organization are two totally different things. We hate when PETA comes throwing stickers and pamphlets around us, but, in all reality they are just stating what they believe to be right. They don't come at us with stickers that say "Hunter's Suck!"
Really?

Do you honestly think that any active PETA members think to themselves "You know, those hunters are just doing what they think is right. I think I'll back off of them." Hell no they don't.

They don't give a rat's ass. They're out there to abolish what we love to do, by any means necessary. One picture of a pile of birds and the words "PETA SUX" isn't going to mean squat to them.

I suppose Rosa Parks should've just gotten off the bus that day because white folk' didn't like her where she sat.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I don't think PETA members think that but I also don't go by the mentality "if you can't beat them join them." I was always raised to hold myself to a higher standard than something I felt was wrong and not lower myself to that level.

Oh, the Rosa Parks example could be thrown into relevance here I suppose. But, what she did, like most hunters with respects to PETA, was just sit where she sat because she felt it was right. Did she sit there and hold up a sign that said "Whites Suck!" or "Make Me Move!!"? No, she just did what she knew was right and did it in the name of equality. If we just hunt and don't pay PETA any mind, then they don't have anything to throw back at us. Very few hunters have a successful harvest and then go on to think "YEAAH!!! PETA'LL LOVE THIS! WE'LL SHOW THEM!" Acting ignorant and giving them something to talk about does just that, it gives them things to use against hunters and gives them more to use to keep when attacking our sport.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there Dan!!!! Some folk's just don't have a sense of humor, they let all this politically correct chit get in the way of how they really feel!!!!!....That's what's wrong with the world today.....
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Personally, id just rather not give them any fuel to continue to do what they do.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's your god given right Strike!!!....But it is mine too!!!! Fuel or no fuel they are going to keep doing what they do...and I will express my dislike for their organization!!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

lmao

Some of you should pull the sticks out of your asses and laugh for a change. This is funny.

If PETA or even the fence-riders for that matter have a problem with it, tough cookies.

They killed birds, and PETA does 'sux.'

A nice pile of birds....... fine( and agreat picture on its own). It must have been a damn good day in the field, and makes me miss the dove hunts I went on as a youth.

The beercans "on the hunt"do not in any way shape of formshed a good light to gun hunters, as well as thathuge statement "peta-sux" written in empty shotgun shells.

The photo was taken in poor taste, and in my opinionvalidates petasmovement and ideas,that hunters are beer drinking, animal killing fools.This is exactly the way peta wants hunters to act. I feel thefewthat entertain this type of exposureshouldthink again. Political correctness?...I think not. Tough cookies?.....that is a shame. This is not the way I wan't others to look at the hunting community.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

That's your god given right Strike!!!....But it is mine too!!!! Fuel or no fuel they are going to keep doing what they do...and I will express my dislike for their organization!!!!!
Dont have to tell me. Ive seen the same concept play out in many situations. Personally i think they suck so bad they dont even deserve the attention from ethical law abiding hunters such as ourselves. I can also appreciate your standpoint. No harm, no foul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.