HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   You into stickers on your hunting trucks??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269923-you-into-stickers-your-hunting-trucks.html)

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 03:12 PM

You into stickers on your hunting trucks???

I had ordered some camo clad for my truck a while back and ran out of material, well ordered some more and I just got finished on my truck last month and thought I would share and see what you guys think or if you have any suggestions as to make it lookbetter. Thanks for any input!!!

bloodcrick 10-25-2008 03:23 PM

RE: You into stickers on your hunting trucks???

I believe that is one of the best looking i have seen. I have never seen the camo (tops of grasses) like yours. its always a straight line. I love yours;)
Just for kicks,,,here is a buddy of mines web sight. he installs camo on about anything.
http://www.southforkcamo.com/

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 03:35 PM

Yeah, all the other trucks that I have seen around my area area all straight too. The grassy affect is a kit that just butts right up to the straight line, I think it is fairly new on the market, the only problem is that when camo clad cuts it they don't cut it so the pattern will match, so you can see a little difference in the two pices but it isn't noticable from 15'....I will check out that site you mentioned!!! Here's a pic of the front end....

WV Hunter 10-25-2008 03:36 PM

Hey that looks GREAT! Nice job!

About the only thing I would change is the logo on it.... you need a bowtie ;)

Heck I might even drive that one as good as it looks.... [8D]

ebaybow 10-25-2008 03:38 PM

Maybe some running deer in the brush!

The Deer Destroyer 10-25-2008 04:14 PM

My dad and I need to put our stickers and stuff on our truck. Like how your truck looks. ;)

pheasantfanatic 10-25-2008 04:14 PM

Wow, I love it!!!!!!

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Hey that looks GREAT! Nice job!

About the only thing I would change is the logo on it.... you need a bowtie ;)

I hear ya, if I were in the market for a 1/2 ton gas truck that's what I would be driving;)

pheasantfanatic 10-25-2008 04:20 PM

Darn right. That will be what my next vehicle is also........Chevy makes some good stuff..

bowmanaj 10-25-2008 04:29 PM

Very very nice I love it. Where did you get your mossy oak sticker I've been looking for one for awhile

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Very very nice I love it. Where did you get your mossy oak sticker I've been looking for one for awhile
They sent it to me back when I firstgot on the pro staff team. I always said I wouldn't put it on but it works out pretty goodat some of the events I work, that's also why I did the camo on my truck (for the events)...

The rear view....

KYDeerHunter03 10-25-2008 04:59 PM

AWESOME! Do they make any other patterns? I want some lol

How much did that run? $$$

WesternMdHardwoods 10-25-2008 05:03 PM

Looks good man!! Although for the love of god get that stupid dealership sticker off the tailgate!!!

Just a pet peeve of mine...but I think it always looks stupid!!

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Looks good man!! Although for the love of god get that stupid dealership sticker off the tailgate!!!

Just a pet peeve of mine...but I think it always looks stupid!!

I know, I know....I meant to do it when I was putting the camo on!!!!! I agree 100%, here lately time has been very limited and I have been running around like a chiken with it's head cut off......I have CRS(Can't Remember Scit)....

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

AWESOME! Do they make any other patterns? I want some lol

How much did that run? $$$
Jenna they make just about every pattern under the sun....I got all mine at camo clad but there is tons of folks making that stuff now.....As for the amount, you need to check out their web site www.camoclad.com

NY911Bowhunter 10-25-2008 05:34 PM

I am planning on ordering from CamoWraps....through the Pro Staff deal....

Yours looks great

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 05:38 PM

I know, I had already ordered this stuff from camo clad before we got that deal.....I have to re-do my hunting buggy (it hadmax4 on it when I bought it)and it is going to get the CamoWraps on it....

Bowtech 360 10-25-2008 05:41 PM

I can only see 1 problem, "Ford"????

peregordusmc 10-25-2008 05:51 PM

I never liked the camo that was just the straight line like mentioned earlier. Thought it looked dumb. But this deal here looks awesome. I really like that.

TexasBowHunter 10-25-2008 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: peregordusmc

I never liked the camo that was just the straight line like mentioned earlier. Thought it looked dumb. But this deal here looks awesome. I really like that.
I never did much care for the straight lines either....But whenI saw this kit hit the market I thought it might turn out OK....Thanks!!!

ryncam16 10-25-2008 09:20 PM

The only problem i see with it is its a ford lol. the sticker will last longer then the truck. haha just giving you crap looks good man.

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: ryncam16

The only problem i see with it is its a ford lol. the sticker will last longer then the truck. haha just giving you crap looks good man.
So, your saying I should cover the whole truck so it will stay together?????:D:D

Brett/IL 10-26-2008 07:57 AM

Curtis-That is one SHARP looking truck! I really like how the grass pattern sets off the whole truck.

As far as some of the Ford remarks you have received, we all know that bowties are for little boys.:D

ozbowhunter 10-26-2008 12:47 PM

very nice which pattern is that couldnt find it on the site??

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 12:57 PM

OZ,
That's Mossy Oak Duck Blind!!!! I thought it would look the best with black.....

Rory/MO 10-26-2008 01:09 PM

That looks great!

BOW HNT 10-26-2008 01:12 PM

Looks great Curtis!

twildasin 10-26-2008 01:12 PM

very nice!!

mohunter82 10-26-2008 03:12 PM

Looking good man. wanna trade straight up ? j/k i aint giving up my powerstroke.

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 03:16 PM

Mine is a powerstroke too.....Let's see what you got...:D

Dozen Arrows 10-26-2008 03:19 PM

I have a diamond sticker on the bottom left and right sides of my back windows on the black 2008
F-150. I am not one that likes to gloat but since you asked.. [8D]

bigtim6656 10-26-2008 03:39 PM

I have thought about that. i have one sticker a united we stand sticker. Though do to my thoughts lately due to the election. i am not sure i want it on my truck anymore. This is not the country i grew up in.
But that looks good.

StrikeTrue 10-26-2008 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Yeah, all the other trucks that I have seen around my area area all straight too. The grassy affect is a kit that just butts right up to the straight line, I think it is fairly new on the market, the only problem is that when camo clad cuts it they don't cut it so the pattern will match, so you can see a little difference in the two pices but it isn't noticable from 15'....I will check out that site you mentioned!!! Here's a pic of the front end....

Truck looks amazing, thats the nicest camo kit ive ever seen. New mobile ground blind.

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 05:07 PM

Thanks, I had fun messing with it....I am actually thinking of making some changes after the first of the year to help remedy the difference in the grassy affect and the straight line....

TEmbry 10-26-2008 05:10 PM

I like the Mickey Thompsons, are those Baja MTZs?..what size?

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 05:15 PM

They are Nitto mud grappler's 36"X12.5"X20"....I won't get those again, they make way too much noise on the road but they work very well in the mud and rocks!!!!!

StrikeTrue 10-26-2008 06:40 PM

It would look even nicer if you could find a way to get rid of the straight edge of the fender and have it like the rest of the truck with blades of grass sticking up.

TexasBowHunter 10-26-2008 08:53 PM

Yes sir, I haveactually beencontemplating not doing the wholefender flare and keeping it in line with the rest of the truck, instead of going around the fender....It would flow straight through the fender flare's (even with the rest of the truck)...I don't know if it makes any since but anyhow.....I agree with you on the fenderflares, they kinda stick out!!!!

kdsberman 10-26-2008 09:32 PM

thats awesome looking!

The Outdoorsman 10-27-2008 07:01 AM

That is a nice looking addition to you truck. There is a truck here in Indiana that is done in a camo pattern, but its all painted on really nice, like a military camo and clearcoated over and has a small orange kangaroo on near the back of the bed. Not sure what the kangaroo is all about but the truck looks nice. One of the best looking camo ones I've ever seen.