Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climbing stand

Old 10-25-2008, 03:25 PM

Default RE: climbing stand

I love my climber

1) Climbers are easy on trees andit looks like no one ever has been in it when you leave the woods. I have hunted the same trees at different times off and on for 20 years. You can't even see were I have sat there before. Other hunter don't steal them if they aren't there.

2) Here in NE, IA and MOtall straight trees are easy to find on timber ridges and river bottoms trails and you can most of the time get high so deer don't see you. I never have any problems with thick stuff around trees

3) Climber are easy to shoot out of 95% of the time I'm setting on my butt when I shoot a deer. It'seasy to draw your bow and hold steady. I have shot aclose to a hundred out my climber.

4) Climber are comfortable and I can sit all most all day during the rut with little movement that bucks see.

5) Handle bar are great you don't fail out of your stand are fail stepping on to a platfrom where most tree stand accident happen.

6) Most of all I love usingone because were I huntthe bucks that are smartand I can take most of my scent out with me when I leave, move around on bucks so they don't get smart about me setting in one tree and start looking into the tree aregoing around me. If they do a just quietly move on them "surprise"The noise the climber make I think sound like a buck rubbing his antler on a tree.Any wayI have shota fewbuck coming in to see whats going onand I havejust got sat down in the stand. Ican all ways play the windby putting my stand in a different tree so the wind not blowing down to the trail are were there coming fromon different days I hunt. I find most of the bigger bucks I have taken over the last 40 + years have always been on a first time stand.

I have a garage full of different stands but, always end up taking most of my deer every year with one of my climbers. The climber are the best stands I have for bow hunting and fortaking big bucks.