Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever found someone else's dead deer? >

Have you ever found someone else's dead deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever found someone else's dead deer?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Have you ever found someone else's dead deer?

I've found a bunch of them.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

I have found multiple deer before. Some make you mad and some are just plan bad luck.

last year me and a buddy were hunting my farm and a guy on the property next door who has hunting permission gut shot a button buck and left it, the deer ran and laid down under my friends stand. MY friend finished it off. I got there and took the deer next door, the dude was in his truck getting ready to leave. He said i gut shot the deer and didnt think i would be able to find it. The ass didnt even look,and he was using a 30-06and deer only went a 100 yards. We watchedhim!! I had tohave a long talk with the landowner, this guy shot my barn in muzzleloader season, and i cought him on my property twice- some people are bad seeds, others just have bad luck that day.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM

Same here man its pathetic of them justto shoot and not even attempt to find the deer
Old 10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Spike

Two of the biggest deer I have were found, both were a pile of bones. One was foundin the springwhile turkey hunting and the other was during bow season. I asked the neighbor who knows everything about everybody and he hadn't heard of any one losing a deer so I kept it.If I knew who shot it I would have given the rack to them.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was hunting last year and i saw a doe coming walking by my stand and all of the sudden it fell. then behind the doe my unlce was walking and told me that he had shot it. i was going to shoot it but then it just fell. i didnt see any blood or anything coming out of it
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found three, not fresh, but within a couple of days on my own property. I suspect neighbors pushed them over and just gave up. That's over a nine year period.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have found some skeletons of deer on the public land in the area while scouting in the late winter. One was a nice 3.5 yr. old 10 pointer. Found a doe on our farmthat my cousin had shot the night beforeduring our gun season.His brothergot ahold of him and hecame and tagged it.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

" How many of you have ever walked up on a freshly killed deer.....from a hunting wound? "

No, never.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM

I have found quite a few dead deer. Some were shot by other people (poachers and legal hunters alike), some were just piles of bones.

I haven't ever found any that were still fresh though.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

I found a buck last year at the beggining of November that looked to be a 2.5 yr old that had been skull capped. It had been shot right behind the shoulder so It couldnt have possibly went far from where it had been shot, so I hope that it was left to waste just because it wasn't "big enough" and they didn't want to waste their tag. But I always finds deer next to the train tracks by our house that have been hit, never see big bucks hit though.