Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I finally got one!!!!!!!!! >

I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Way to get it done in NY
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome brother, congrats!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: V8Ranger

Well I went and sat in a stand up top where I haven't sat in yet this year. I figure if there not down belowI will try up high and see what happens. I took my turkey call also because there are usually turkey in the field behind my stand. That's not property I can hunt, but have called turkey out of there before. I got into my stand about an hour before daylight. After light I got out my range finder and ranged a few spots where I figure deer might come out. I should have gone up there a few weeks agoand cut some branches. When I stood up there where allot in my way. So I figure I will have to sit when I shoot, it will be my only chance to get around these branches.I started calling a little, nothing. Hit the rattle bag a lightly, nothing. IHit the rattle bagpretty hard, then I thought I heard something behind me,so I grabbed my bow off the hanger, it was a pesky red squirrel.Then out steps a deer, its a buck. I can see that its at least a 4 point possibly a 6. I told myself I would not shoot anything smaller than a 6 point, that was just my personal goal, to beet last years 5 point. He was at 40 yards and never knew I was there. He was looking forward and down, but not up where I was. I pulled my new Pearson Vigilante back, I had to tread my arrow throughtwo limbs. I hit the release and let my Sabre-Titanium 100 grain 3 blade ( same as a Muzzy ) fly with my lumanok lighting the way. That was too cool. I watched it hit the deer and disappear. But I'm thinking OH CRAP!!! I hit him to far back, CRAP!! he fell trying to get away and quickly got back up and headed back to where he came from. I'm thinking, I will have to come back later in the afternoon to look for him, as I really felt I gut shot him. I text my wife to let her know I shot one. I had to be back home at 10 and it was a little after 8. Then while texting my wife back I hear a crash in the thickets. I'mhappier than a pig in chit now, thinking was that him that fell. So I get down, go over to where I shot him and there lies my arrow with the nok all lit up, covered from tip to tail in blood and fat.i washoping it was him I heard. I found the blood trail, and a start to fallow it and there he was, dead as can be. WAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!! I was so excited. 7 points, even cooler. I got him home, 135 pounds dressed. My biggest deer ever, gun or bow. I am so ecstatic. Sorry for the long post, its just to cool. The pressure is off now.

Dave that is AWESOME!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!! Great job on a great buck!!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats,nice buck
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. The tender loins are on the grill right now, yummmm yummmm I'm still pumped about my buck. I love my bow hunting.I have put a goal on myself to improve every year on the quality of the deer I take. My first year was a big doe, last year was my 5 point, and now I get a 7 point. Sooner or later I will have to start over as I'm sure I can only improve for so long.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a great buck! You really had a tight shooting lane there! Nice job!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats man nice buck.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG!!! I put the tender loins in a bowl and let them marinate in some creole butter for about 4 hours, then injected them with what was left in the bowl,and put them on the grill. WOW, this has to be the best tasting buck I have ever had, I don't know if it was the creole butter or what but man where they awesome. That just puts a great finish to a great hunt today.

Quick Reply: I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.