Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I finally got one!!!!!!!!! >

I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Well I went and sat in a stand up top where I haven't sat in yet this year. I figure if there not down belowI will try up high and see what happens. I took my turkey call also because there are usually turkey in the field behind my stand. That's not property I can hunt, but have called turkey out of there before. I got into my stand about an hour before daylight. After light I got out my range finder and ranged a few spots where I figure deer might come out. I should have gone up there a few weeks agoand cut some branches. When I stood up there where allot in my way. So I figure I will have to sit when I shoot, it will be my only chance to get around these branches.I started calling a little, nothing. Hit the rattle bag a lightly, nothing. IHit the rattle bagpretty hard, then I thought I heard something behind me,so I grabbed my bow off the hanger, it was a pesky red squirrel.Then out steps a deer, its a buck. I can see that its at least a 4 point possibly a 6. I told myself I would not shoot anything smaller than a 6 point, that was just my personal goal, to beet last years 5 point. He was at 40 yards and never knew I was there. He was looking forward and down, but not up where I was. I pulled my new Pearson Vigilante back, I had to tread my arrow throughtwo limbs. I hit the release and let my Sabre-Titanium 100 grain 3 blade ( same as a Muzzy ) fly with my lumanok lighting the way. That was too cool. I watched it hit the deer and disappear. But I'm thinking OH CRAP!!! I hit him to far back, CRAP!! he fell trying to get away and quickly got back up and headed back to where he came from. I'm thinking, I will have to come back later in the afternoon to look for him, as I really felt I gut shot him. I text my wife to let her know I shot one. I had to be back home at 10 and it was a little after 8. Then while texting my wife back I hear a crash in the thickets. I'mhappier than a pig in chit now, thinking was that him that fell. So I get down, go over to where I shot him and there lies my arrow with the nok all lit up, covered from tip to tail in blood and fat.i washoping it was him I heard. I found the blood trail, and a start to fallow it and there he was, dead as can be. WAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!! I was so excited. 7 points, even cooler. I got him home, 135 pounds dressed. My biggest deer ever, gun or bow. I am so ecstatic. Sorry for the long post, its just to cool. The pressure is off now.

Update: Well after getting him cut up yesterday, I know why he feel when I hit him. when he stepped forward, his left rear leg must have been stepping forward, My arrow also took out what looks to me to be a knee cap on the upper joint of the leg. It severed the tendon holding that knee cap on. I didn't notice the hole in his leg till I went to skin him yesterday. So my arrow did a complete pass through at 40 yards, and even going through his leg. I am impressed with my new bow now. To me thats allot to go through at 40 yards

Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

my shooting lane

Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

another pic of my 7 point

Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right on V8 congrats!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fantastic job, congratulations.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool, Congratulations!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

VERY NICE!!! CONGRATS!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome job! Your persistence has paid off well. Congrats fellow Earnhardt fan!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way too cool man!! Way to acheive your goal! Where did you end up hitting the deer at. In the liver?

Quick Reply: I finally got one!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.