Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kitchen/Butchering Knives >

Kitchen/Butchering Knives

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kitchen/Butchering Knives

Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Kitchen/Butchering Knives

I figured I might get the best feedback here, since it is the most commonly visited forum. So to keep it on topic, what brand or set or individual knives do you guys use to bone , cut up, butcher, slice meat in the kitchen, prepare your bow kill ( or any kill or meat) with?

If there is one thing I CAN do, it's fish. Im a HUGE fan of Dexter Russell and Victorinox blades. Yes the same Victorinox that makes Swiss Army. They make some awesome kitchen/fillet/ boning knives.However I would love to buy a set or purchase new individual knives specifically geared towards meat and all to do with meat. What do you guys like?

Brand/Model/Purpose it serves.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kitchen/Butchering Knives

I've never butchered a deer but I will this year if lucky enough. I too love Dexter Russell for filleting fish and they should be great for deboning venison too.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Im not really sure what brand of knives they are, but my dad use to work in a butchering shop ( so he knows what hes doin). Every since i was little we have use a silver handled knife that we get at little grocery stores around. They are only like $5 a piece and bone out a shoulder and ham like crazy. Check around at a couple little stores, they usually keep them in a case, like at ours they are in the deli in the meats case.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have butchered my own deer ( and all my buddies) for years now and have tried several different knives, but I have found the absolute best. I know we can't advertise here so all I will say is that my Mom is a Sales Consultant for a very popular well known cooking company, and they have the absolute best knives I have ever used. She gave me three different sizes a few years ago and I was estatic when I got them. I hoped that they would come out with a boning knife, and last year they did. I mean these knives are heavy duty and scary sharp. They also have a sharpener that is made just for these knives that is incredible and easy to use.
If anyone is interested in them you can PM me and I will send you her website and info so you can see them . I told her that if I ever posted about the knives that I would be sure and try to send the orders her way. This isn't some fly by night deal. It is probably the biggest cookware company out there, and trust me these knives are amazing.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Im all ears...will send a PM. My called to ask my mom what the knives that were 'off limits' to general use were, and she said WHY?!...Dont go buying any knives...not til after Christmas anyway!lol......But she did tell me Decalphalon?...so hmmm..........anyway Im still curious about the brand your mother sales, as I love knives and think you cant have enough.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

I just started using Outdoor Edge knives and am pretty impressed. I bought a set that came with there awesome swingblade knife which i used wednesday for the first time while field dressing my buck. That thing just unzips them right open and then i used the other side to cape the buck out and it was much sharper than my trusty Buck knife. It also came with a really nice folding boning knife that i will be testing tomorrow once i just cutting it all up. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

Im all ears...will send a PM. My called to ask my mom what the knives that were 'off limits' to general use were, and she said WHY?!...Dont go buying any knives...not til after Christmas anyway!lol......But she did tell me Decalphalon?...so hmmm..........anyway Im still curious about the brand your mother sales, as I love knives and think you cant have enough.
I think it's Calphalon. Here's another hint, your aunt can get them. We've got a few, they're good knives.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

....i got another hint today Jonathan....not to buy anything until after Christmas........hmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

oh yeah....Decalthalon is a race or something isnt it? lol
Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got 2 but i couldn't say what they are. Got them from relatives long since dead. I could tell one if I saw it. You might still be able to find some in a Goodwill type of place for cheap. I'll tell you what, you don't want to touch the edge when it's sharp and it stays sharp. Everybody had them in their kitchens better than a half a centry ago.

Quick Reply: Kitchen/Butchering Knives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.