HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hunter safety system? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269689-hunter-safety-system.html)

125py 10-23-2008 10:04 PM

hunter safety system?

what is the difference in the Hunter Safety System sold at walmart for $75 compared to the ones at cabelas,etc. for $125 and more

GMMAT 10-24-2008 03:03 AM

RE: hunter safety system?

The more expensive model is a mesh material. Honestly....I have the pro mesh HSS and I love it. But if it's supposed to be cooler by it being mesh....don't spend the extra $$. It's still too warm to wear it during the early NC season (easy....I DO wear one....just not a vest type when it's hot).

Advice, though.....I paid $90 for my pro mesh on sale after the season a couple years ago. If you have a harness you can use this year, I'd maybe wait and try to catch one on sale.

Rickmur 10-24-2008 04:11 AM

And they are haevy too but I wear it just the same. I just the other dayweighed everything I have to carry in including treestand and it totals 43 lbs. I keep trying to lighten things up to no advail[:o]

hoosierHUNTER76 10-24-2008 04:18 AM

bass pro has the reversible one on sale right now for $89
thats what i have and i like it

GMMAT 10-24-2008 05:47 AM

And they are haevy too but I wear it just the same. I just the other dayweighed everything I have to carry in including treestand and it totals 43 lbs. I keep trying to lighten things up to no advail[:o]
Astounding, Rick (the overall weight) and I agree. I was thinking they need to do something with those lower buckles. Not only are they heavy, they're also loud.

I don't know how you guys do it....but I've got a little "tip" I use to quieten things down a little. I keep my "hook" attached to my tether and NOT my HSS tether. Made too much noise too many times with it clanging around on stuff getting set up. This way is less idiot proof.

Good point, Rick. Probably adds to the heat factor (either wearing it in the early season or the weight of having t carry it in).

TEmbry 10-24-2008 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The more expensive model is a mesh material. Honestly....I have the pro mesh HSS and I love it. But if it's supposed to be cooler by it being mesh....don't spend the extra $$. It's still too warm to wear it during the early NC season (easy....I DO wear one....just not a vest type when it's hot).

Advice, though.....I paid $90 for my pro mesh on sale after the season a couple years ago. If you have a harness you can use this year, I'd maybe wait and try to catch one on sale.
SOO true. I wore mine this early season, the mesh is far too hot for those 90 degree afternoons. I want to pick up a loggy bayou transformer to try out for hotter weather.

I too love mine for weather like this through late season.

125py 10-24-2008 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

so the material is the only real difference?

GMMAT 10-24-2008 08:57 AM

Not sure. I only own the mesh model. I'm not familiar with the other(s).

DannyD 10-24-2008 09:13 AM

I believe the pro series has a larger more robust buckle on it

lifesadrag 10-24-2008 04:24 PM

I have the HSS Treestalker, It's a bit less cumbersome....the vest portion is more compact.