HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New Jersey bill S802, 1st stage passed. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269687-new-jersey-bill-s802-1st-stage-passed.html)

2robinhood 10-23-2008 09:36 PM

New Jersey bill S802, 1st stage passed.

Today was the legislative vote on a bill ( S802 ) which would allow Sunday bow hunting in New Jersey.
One step down a few more to go, keep your fingers crossed.

New Jersey has another bill up for vote ( S976 ) which will change the distance from a occupied building from 450 feet down to 150 feet for a bow and arrow.

We did get crossbows passed and will start in the fall of 2009.

thehairlessone! 10-24-2008 06:20 AM

RE: New Jersey bill S802, 1st stage passed.

hope you get it passed. I never understood that

rick

vicrzr 10-24-2008 07:51 AM

wish they'd pass that in north carolina. if you don't have a lot of free time to hunt - the weekend may be your only time and the law cuts that opportunity in half and there is no good reason for it.

chrowski 10-24-2008 08:44 AM

Moral dilemma.........football or hunting on Sundays?!?! Can they coexist? My striped bass fishing is going to take a big hit if that passes.

I'm not enjoying the crossbow thing, personally. But I think it will get more people in the woods practicing wildlife management, which is a good thing. I'm just worried about people not understanding the true limits of a crossbow, as for the people who do know their weapon well...I have no worries at all. Sorry if this takes away from the thread at all.

LebeauHunter 10-24-2008 09:28 AM

Wasn't the Sunday rule created for farmers/landowners? They would have one day out there where no one was hunting.

I'm glad we don't have that stupid law. Most of my hunting gets done on the weekend, and since I have to travel a good bit (3 hours) that would make it even worse. This is an antiquated law that seems bad for the sport.

Centaur 1 10-24-2008 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: chrowski

Moral dilemma.........football or hunting on Sundays?!?! Can they coexist? My striped bass fishing is going to take a big hit if that passes.

I'm not enjoying the crossbow thing, personally. But I think it will get more people in the woods practicing wildlife management, which is a good thing. I'm just worried about people not understanding the true limits of a crossbow, as for the people who do know their weapon well...I have no worries at all. Sorry if this takes away from the thread at all.
I see that you're from Hillsborough, if you hunt the Duke estate you'll have plenty of time to watch football.:D:D:D

Deleted User 10-24-2008 09:56 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]