HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Another Picture of a Big Buck in the Daylight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269666-another-picture-big-buck-daylight.html)

MichaelHunsucker 10-23-2008 07:17 PM

Another Picture of a Big Buck in the Daylight

Rex, Shawn's dad, called the other night when he was headed to his stand. He saw a big buck walk across the field, make a scrape and go back in the timber right by one of his stands. Since he didn't have a camera man and was going out mainly to scout, he decided not to hunt the stand where the buck went in becasue he just had a feeling he would come out and tempt him. He then decided to set up across the field where he could get a good vantage point. Of course, about 30 minutes later the bucks steps right back out and walks right by the stand down the edge of the field freshing all the scrapes. With the storm moving in Rex decided to grab his trail camera and move it to the scrapes to try and get a picture of the buck. Little did he know he already had gotten pictures of him. Aparently before Rex got to the stand, the buck had already visited the foodplot that it overlooks. Shawn and I went out to hunt there tonight and pulled the card. Just two pictures, but hes a pretty nice buck...yet another one moving in the daylight!

TEmbry 10-23-2008 07:20 PM

RE: Another Picture of a Big Buck in the Daylight

Are you taking a Nikon to the field instead of a Bow these days?:D

Another great buck man.;)

MichaelHunsucker 10-23-2008 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Hahaha actuallly we take the Nikon, the Sony HD camera, and the bow! ;)

sr77 10-23-2008 10:51 PM

That is a nice buck up on his feet during shooting light;)ahhhh, it is that time of year.

Shane

MichaelHunsucker 10-23-2008 11:03 PM

oops

MichaelHunsucker 10-23-2008 11:05 PM

We went out tonight and took pics of this bruiser with the Nikon! [:-];)

TEmbry 10-24-2008 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

We went out tonight and took pics of this bruiser with the Nikon! [:-];)

What's that crease in his neck? Big BH wound gash?:D[8D]

Ive never hunted over a decoy, but Im betting if it panned out that would be a pretty exciting sit! lol would make for sick footage as well.

jmbuckhunter 10-24-2008 06:32 AM

Have you had any luck with the deke?

I tried it last wekend and only ended up spooking the does. They didn't like my little buck.

MichaelHunsucker 10-24-2008 07:33 AM

Haha, that was Shawn posting that picture....he acctidentily did it from my account cause i left it logged in! haha

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Have you had any luck with the deke?

I tried it last wekend and only ended up spooking the does. They didn't like my little buck.
That was the first night we used it and we had the same results...just spooked does. Its getting to be that time of year though. Needless to say hes riding in the back of my truck with me to Nebraska tonight! ;)

HuntingBry 10-24-2008 07:36 AM

You HBguys are getting irritating with all of your big bucks walking around.;):D

Good luck up in NE.