Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009? >

Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Honestly i think you need to go shoot one of the new BT's TEmbry to know what all the hypes about. you may have which is cool but i believe the shot is what gets most people on all the center pivot bows. I shot hoyt for 4 years and would go back to it without a doubt if one of their bows shot like a center pivot BT. honestly, that is no exageration. hoyt is the superior in all bows imo b/c of their quality. if someone could make a vectrix or vectrixXL feel like an 09 admiral i would buy 2 of them just because.
And as far as BT dropping their speeds, if you compare the lineup last year to the line up this year their overall speeds have went way up. the only other bow last year that they had 325+was the 101st airborne. the majority bought the 82nd b/c of speed so they didnt bring back the 101st. smart on their part. If you compare this year to last as far as general-admiral,guardian-captain,commander-sentinal,allegience-swat all of the speeds went up. they are all faster than they used to be so your point there is a little off (not being offensive, just clarifying)

now, that i sound like im biased to BTi just wanna say, im not saying hoyt dropped the ball at all either. i just covered why BT didnt. I havent shot the new hoyts yet so i couldnt say, but im sure they will impress me like they always do. good topic, that was a brain picker. you could use this ? for the next presidential debate.
Derek
Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Fork Horn

I'm biased both ways. I own 1 hoyt, and 1 bowtech. The bowtech is the target bow, and the hoyt is the hunting bow. Why did I pick the bowtech as a target bow? It seems to have less noise, and shock without all that vibration dampening stuff on it, and I seem to hold steadier with it. Why the Hoyt for hunting? For the opposite reason. It took more limbsavers, stabilizers, string silencers to get it quiet. I didn't want to shoot a target bow that clanged. I like haveing absolutley nothing on My target bow. Besides sight, rest, and stabilizer. With all the silencing stuff on the hoyt they are both super quiet bows. They both shoot extremely well. I've had 1 problem with the hoyt. It was just a flaw in the cams, but it was corrected. so I'm happy. I've shot 1 robinhood with the hoyt, and killed many deer. I've shot 2 robinhoods with the bowtech. I love both of them for what I use them for. Now as to droppig the ball. I kinda feel both companies did. I think Bowtech should have kept, or made some faster versions as well. Whats wrong with haveing fast, and slower bows to pick from? Hoyt, well It didn't look like much change besides the limb pockets.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

I think both companies make great bows no doubt. Bowtech is my bow of choice though and I think the 09 bowtechs promise to be the best ever. I saw a photo of one of the new hoyts yest from a guy at work and it looks almost identical to the bowtechs.

rick
Old 10-24-2008, 10:43 AM
bigcountry

I think bowtech is making the same mistake PSE started. They are putting out an entire new line every year. Your old 07 guardian is now worth zip on ebay. Before you could count on your patriot or liberty to really retain its value. But now, no more. So in turn, you do like me and hang onto that bow for 4-5 years. Instead of getting a new wizbang bow.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your off on the Admiral, it's under 4 lbs.

And their speeds are conservative (Is the others?), your going to see several over the 325 fps line.

Save your (your=all peoples) criticisms until after you shoot them, you might be very surprised. I was/am.

Edit: added (your=all peoples) so fingers are pointed and people jump to conclusions.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Here is my theory and it is just theory and may be coming completly out of left field, and I'm going to try to stay on topic without getting into a brand debate here.

It seems that the majority of people on this site are very biased towards Bowtech bows. For whatever reason that may be, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, I am the same way with most Mathews bows. I could really careless what the other guy shot, b/c I'm sure they shoot it for a reason. I have shot plenty of brands of bows and have liked some and disliked other. Point being, if you get in a crowd full of people who support one brand/idea of something then chances being they are going to favor that.
I totally agree Buck Hunter! You could go to a different site and It would be the exact opposite and Hoyt, Martin, Matthews or whatever could be the popular bow of the site with all the pro staffs/staffs and all.

I've been on Traditional forums here and there and I've hardly ever seen any bickering go on between the guys on what the best Traditional bows are. I can't say that for the compound crowd.

No, this Is not pointed at you Trevor.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Here is my theory and it is just theory and may be coming completly out of left field, and I'm going to try to stay on topic without getting into a brand debate here.

It seems that the majority of people on this site are very biased towards Bowtech bows. For whatever reason that may be, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, I am the same way with most Mathews bows. I could really careless what the other guy shot, b/c I'm sure they shoot it for a reason. I have shot plenty of brands of bows and have liked some and disliked other. Point being, if you get in a crowd full of people who support one brand/idea of something then chances being they are going to favor that.
I totally agree Buck Hunter! You could go to a different site and It would be the exact opposite and Hoyt, Martin, Matthews or whatever could be the popular bow of the site with all the pro staffs/staffs and all.

I've been on Traditional forums here and there and I've hardly ever seen any bickering go on between the guys on what the best Traditional bows are. I can't say that for the compound crowd.

And I find it ridiculous Steve, the bickering that is. It's childish, they are all fantastic bows and it's a great time to be in the market.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM

This is my choice for Bowtech's best 09 bow.

Diamond Ice Man

Brace Height7 1/8"
Axle to Axle31 1/2"
Draw Length24" - 30"
Draw Weights40, 50, 60, 70
IBO Speed315 - 323
fps Kinetic Energy81.1 fpe
Adjustable Let-off65% - 80%

Now I'm a diamond fan, but this bow is a great new product for people like me. Who like to shot Single cam bows with out having to shoot a "SOLOCAM". Not Knocking them just not my cup of tea.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Every time I buy a bow the company goes under Who's next[:-]
Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

And I find it ridiculous Steve, the bickering that is. It's childish, they are all fantastic bows and it's a great time to be in the market.
I shouldn't of said the compound crowd. What I should of said Is a few In the compound crowd are like this. My bad!

Quick Reply: Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.