Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this crap!!! >

What is this crap!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this crap!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default What is this crap!!!

It finally gets cold, the corn finally comes off, the buck fever is peaking, and it is RAINING! Out of the 48 continuous states in this countryIllinois had to be the one to get bombed on. Go ahead Ohio rub it in. I know as soon as this all passes the deer will be moving like wildfire, but I can't wait. Sorry had to vent a little.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is this crap!!!

I dont know about the rest of ya, but I love being in the woods when its raining. The deer seem to move earlier on our property when its raining. Ill stay in my stand as long as I can if its a drizzly day.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, but this is a steady downpour. I also love hunting in a little drizzle. Couldn't agree more about the early movement.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois is the only one to get bombed on huh? We've had 7 inches of rain or so in the last 2 weeks and only the beans are out. Farmers can't get in their fields so who knows when our corn and milo will get picked. We may have to wait til the ground freezes til they come out if this rain pattern keeps up. So please, don't feel like your the ony one being affected by rain.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM

I dont necessary see it as a complaint...this morning should have been nice hunting before the front came through!

I guess I could complain and say I had to work all week and couldnt hunt...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

I understand where you are coming from, and please understand that I made this post with a smile on my face. I know that Illinois is not the only state to have this done to them, but I am talking about the weather now. Looking at theradar it looks to be missing you now. Hopefully it stays that way so your farmers can have a chance to save their crops. We have had a bad rain year so far also, with farmers having to replant their fields. And again I am talking about it raining now, and how I wanted to be out in the woods instead of watching the rain hit the windows. I am sorry if I stepped on anybodies toes with this post I know it happens to every state.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

The weather is perfect up here, just need to find time to get in the woods.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

i skipped school to go hunting after my appointment in the morning. Woke up to continuous rain. Oh well looks like i dont get to hit up my private land, i have to settle for public land back at school till friday comes and i get to head back home.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

High in the mid 50's and a low around 40 this weekend, right after a front. It could be good. Ill be out all weekend. Hopefuly some of the farmers got the corn out before the rain hit. If not next week is looking clear so maybe they will get it out then.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

I just set up my ground blind on tuesday... and well I do not know if it is still there... but its ticking me off!

Quick Reply: What is this crap!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.