Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm addicted..

Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm addicted..

Its official, I'm definitely addicted to bowhunting. As some of you know this is my first year going at it with a bow, andI got my first bowkill this year. But that is not why Im addicted. In the past with a shotgun in my hands, I had a "if its brown its down" mentality, but this year I think I've grown as a hunter, and its all because I have a bow in my hands. Just having deer come in so close is a thrill in itself, just as good as harvesting an animal. Ive had deer within 30 yards atleast 5-6 times this year, and when it felt right, I took the shot. When it doesn't, I don't.

This morning at our family farmI had a less than 10 yard shot opportunity at a small six pointer, and I let him walk, just enjoyed watching him. I have never taken a buck with my bow, and even though it would have been an easy shot on a 1st bow buck, I held out. To play the hand of God with a deer is a truly amazing experience. Hopefully no one kills him this year and he grows and grows. Ive seen a nice 8 pointer twice so far this October, so he is my target. I never thought I would have a "target" deer, especially during my first year with a bow. In my opinion, there is deer hunting, and then there is Bowhunting. There is absolutley nothing like it. Have a safe and successful season everyone...

Adam Bowman
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm addicted..

Welcome to the club
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Welcome to the club
Agreed!

The best sport/hobby/obsession in the world right here!!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:42 PM

I have had this same addiction for the last 33 years))) Hard habit to break (not that I want to). Glad you enjoy it and good luck

Dave
Old 10-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree.. Best sport/obsession ever. I'm thinking about only hunting with a bow exclusively this year
Old 10-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is a disease, and there is no cureMy buddy and I just had this discussion 2 nights ago about the things we like to do. One of my other passions is flyfishing, but in the end bowhunting is the ultimate....there is no comparision in my eyes. Hands down my favorite thing to do!

Shane
Old 10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the club, I also am looking for my first buck with a bow, I have passed on some smaller bucks, waiting for the right one to walk by...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

I'm addicted and I haven't even shot a deer yet!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing like the adrenalin rush of seeing the deer, sliding into position, drawing without being seen, staring him down through your peep and waiting for that shot!

You can't explain that to people who haven't done it!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in the same boat. This is my second season and I got my first (two now). Like you I'm definitely hooked.

Best of luck the rest of the season and beyond.

Quick Reply: I'm addicted..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.