Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How would you guy’s handle this. >

How would you guy’s handle this.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would you guy’s handle this.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you guy’s handle this.

That's crazy, they don't realize how good they have it, and are spoiled in my opinion. Most guys wouldbend over backwardsfor a place of that size to hunt for no more than helping out during the off season. It sucks they even put you this position.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM

For me it is easy my friends know I am a jerk and straight forward. I would just be like need some money or help, or I hear there is some good gamelands down the road.I do 95% of the work by myself on my spots and the only other people who I allow to hunt without help is family.( Ex. Wife and her 15 yr old brother or friends from out of town)
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies guy's. All the answer's are pretty much the same. I think I'm right to just cut the ties after this season and move on. I just need to find people with the same amout of passion.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Thanks for the replies guy's. All the answer's are pretty much the same. I think I'm right to just cut the ties after this season and move on. I just need to find people with the same amout of passion.
pick me....pick me....pick me
Old 10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hook me up with an IL spot and we can talk.
ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

pick me....pick me....pick me
Old 10-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The question is do I give these guy’s the boot and invite other people or do I just keep my mouth shut. Or give me some other opinions.
Easy for me Dan. Boot 'em!

Those are like "friends" who don't help you move. Not worth my time. Shouldn't be your time either.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can relate to your situation all too well bud. There are four people that hunt at our hunting club. Three of us do all the work, clean out shooting lanes, hang stands, cut the firewood, etc. etc. Then, come hunting season, the fourth member comes over and expects us to direct him to where our scouting has found the big bucks to be and gets all bent out of shape anytime we don't give a rundown of our hunting strategies of the day. Even worse than that, the three of us that do all of the work never bring other people in to hunt, its somewhat of a family hunt club and through four generations it has been this way. Well, the lazy-bum who never comes over except during rifle week also insists up on trying to bring his buddies over to share his "hunting experience." Unfortunately, in our situation, we don't have the authority to give him the boot.

If I were you, I'd try and sit down and talk to the other folks and if nothing changes give them the boot!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

"That kind of pissed 1 guy off because he had plans to hunt 1 weekend that I'm not going"

That is enough for me to tell them what I think about their lack of help. If your paying the lease bill or taxes either one on a property and can get the work done on your own, move on and let them find their own property to hunt. For them to somehow feel entitled to hunt would not set well with me, unless they are investing something into the opportunity. I can't imagine any of my real friends not being willing to help with summer chores when they knew I was allowing them to hunt. My actual friends would be there before me. I can think of several people that I know who would expect to hunt without any investment, but I wouldn't call them friends and I wouldn't invite them to hunt.

Unless there are other circumstances that we couldn't possibly understand over an internet forum, I'd tell them to take a hike.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have passion!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

I say boot the 2 guys.

Quick Reply: How would you guy’s handle this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.