Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Determining the right binocs >

Determining the right binocs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Determining the right binocs

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Determining the right binocs

100x better is a hyperbole.

Incase the definition escapes you,

Hyperbole is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to create a strong impression, but is rarely meant to be taken literally.

On the other hand...

hair·split·ting
play_w2("H0015900")

(hârspltng)
n.
The making of unreasonably fine distinctions.[/align][/align][/align][/align]Mottz, FOV @1000 yards is basically the span you can see viewing something 1000 yards away (foroptics it is expressed in feet, but could be looked at as an angular FOV). It is inversely proportional to magnification, meaning the less magnification, the bigger the FOV, the more you zoom in, the less the FOV.[/align][/align]
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 PM

LOL spearchucker, that about covers it! I tried explaining FOV without seeing your post, somehow cabelas words it much better.

Very good info.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 PM

If you are looking for optic advice I would ask Matt / PA. He seems to know what he is talking about
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Dominant Buck

SO if I said a Bowtech was 100X better than a Hoyt....we could discern from that .....that it's probably closer to 10X better.....and that my hyperbole wasn't meant to be taken literally. And....if you say anything about it.....you're simply splitting hairs?

I think I got it!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

LOL spearchucker, that about covers it! I tried explaining FOV without seeing your post, somehow cabelas words it much better.

Very good info.
Yah they do a pretty good job for sure, I was going to try explaining it as well, but figured bother I'd probably just mess it up anyways!

Btw to O.P. I have a pair of Bushnell Legacy 10x50mm and they are beaut. Perhaps the 50mm is abit bulky, but they take in more light, and I never have issue's with clarity.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM

Steve Mcbee since you have both of the binos that I have been considering which would be the top of the two? I know both are really fine glass and the fact that Leica offers a range finder bino could be the difference in choice. Just need to know ifthe range finder would be the tie breaker or not?.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

SO if I said a Bowtech was 100X better than a Hoyt....we could discern from that .....that it's probably closer to 10X better.....and that my hyperbole wasn't meant to be taken literally. And....if you say anything about it.....you're simply splitting hairs?

I think I got it!
For the love of...

goodness dude...seriously?[:-]

Yes, if you said bowtech was 100x better than Hoyt I wouldnt take you serious, whatsoever. No one on earth takes the saying "100x better" as a literal statement, or so I thought anyway. Brands were never mentioned here. Only opinions, if you think 42mm are brighter than 50mm use them, i just stated I felt 50s were better, but somehow that doesnt jive with you.

What gives dude?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately answered and clarified my questions about binocs. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

What gives dude?
He's just riding your sac, T. Trying to get a rise out of you.

Just ignore him.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Determining the right binocs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.