Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Removing quiver

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Removing quiver

ORIGINAL: StealthHtr22

Andrew,

I don't have a quick release on on my FireStorm Lite, but when I did on my Spyder I took it off when ever I could. It definitely made it lighter and actually solved a vibration/noise problem I had with that bow. I would like onenow. When I get some extra money I'm planning on updating my bow, probably for next season. Such as a quick release quiver, a NEW rest/string, sights, etc. I just need a make-over I think.

By the way, when can you hunt next week? We need to get out together.
Yeah your bow could use some updates, but it is light years ahead of dads bow and we both know that will kill deer. Anyways i was hoping to get out tonight before we get your GF sloshed.[:-]
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I like to take mine off for all the reasons stated. Another reason is on a windy day you will be suprised at how the wind can catch the quiver thus making it somewhat more unstable.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always take my quiver off when in stand. However, I do take a few practice shots with it on so I know just in case I get caught in a situation where I need to shoot with it on my bow. I've not noticed any ill effects at the ranges I tend to shoot at, but I still prefer to take it off every chance I get.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine is a two piece permantly on works fine for me . It is right there for a follow up shot or a 2nd deer that stays around
Old 10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rookie51

I keep seeing and hearing about people removing their quiver while hunting and shooting. Well my question is why? I have a two piece quive that bolts on to the bow and have never even thought about taking it off to shoot.
Like others have said, it is pretty much about balance. The bow is made and balanced without a quiver on.

But, if you leave your quiver on all of the time and practice with it on, and you are profficient, then I don't think there would be any issues with it.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Take it off for all the reasons already stated, and I rest my bow across my lap while in stand. It just doesn't balance right on my lap with the arrows resting on my legs.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

i figure...a quiver is meant to hold arrows...i need to shoot arrows...why take it off....jsut something else to fumble for if you have to take a quick second shot.....quivers are meant to be on the bow not off...i pratice with mine on and full of arrows every time i shoot...weather it be a 3D leage or jsut shooting at the house
Old 10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

quivers are meant to be on the bow not off
If that were truly the case, all bows would come with built in non-removable quivers.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess I'm in the minority. I practice with mine on (hunting bow) and I hunt with it on most of the time (I've removed it only twice in 37 hunts, so far). I KNOW it's easier for me to get a second arrow (or more) with it in close proximity.

But hey if it works for you.........
Just fine!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

I always buy an extra quiver bracket, and screw that puppy to the rail of my climber, so my arrows are always in reach when I take the quiver off. It's out of the way, but I can grab a follow uparrow with one handif needed.

Quick Reply: Removing quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.