HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buck Down This Morning (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269415-buck-down-morning-pics.html)

dstubb 10-22-2008 03:42 PM

Buck Down This Morning (pics)

Well, not exactly the calliber buck that i had planned on shooting this season but he is big bodied and presented a very picture perfect quartering away shot. I'm sure my team mates aren't happy, but hey i got meat in the freezer.

I actually called this buck in at 8:00 am this morning with my new rage grunt tube that i got last night. It was too easy, i have never been successful with grunting. He came in behind me at 25 yards, so i drew and had to hold for about a minute until he turned quartering away. I had to give him the ole mahhhhh a couple of times to get him to stop. I hit him perfectly behind the shoulder with the Rage 2B. He went about 100 yards and layed down softly then got right up and fell down to his death. Crazy part is that the rage did not pass through, all i had was a huge entrance wound, but there was still a pretty massive blood trail. When he fell, he fell on the arrow side and snapped the arrow in half. When that happened the rage was pushed into his stomach, which resulted in a very messy field dress. I got him home within an hour and him rinsed clean. Now the pressure is off and i can relax and focus on filling three more doe tags.

dstubb 10-22-2008 03:43 PM

RE: Buck Down This Morning (pics)

Heres another one. I took some better pics of the entrance wound and blood trail with my cell phone and will try to post them later.

Schultzy 10-22-2008 03:49 PM

Congratulation's dstubb!! Who really cares what your team mates say. Hunt for you!:)

Well done and congrats once again.

Bowman4440 10-22-2008 03:52 PM

Great job! The little guy doesnt look to happy ;)

Rickmur 10-22-2008 03:53 PM

Congrats on the teams first. It's all about you my friend, not the deer you choose to take. I think I can say no one on our team will be upset.

wis_rifle_hunter 10-22-2008 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowman4440

Great job! The little guy doesnt look to happy ;)
i was going to say. he looks alittle mad. congrats on the nice buck. nice job

MOTOWNHONKEY 10-22-2008 04:04 PM

Congradulations. When you drew your bow back the decision was made and it was only yours to make. Nice buck.

ksfowler 10-22-2008 04:36 PM

Nice deer any deer is a good one.

bowmanaj 10-22-2008 04:38 PM

Awesome, Congratulations man

tmontgo1 10-22-2008 04:39 PM

Nice buck!! Hey i got a question, it might be kinda stupid but im kinda new here. What's with the teams that everyone seems to be on???