Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you seen bucks fight?  Heard em' fight? >

Have you seen bucks fight? Heard em' fight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you seen bucks fight? Heard em' fight?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have you seen bucks fight? Heard em' fight?

I have never seen two bucks fight. I have never even heard them fighting. How about everyone else here? Not really sure what that says about the area I am hunting, or maybe how I am hunting. The post about rattling this morning got me thinking.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Have you seen bucks fight? Heard em' fight?

I had 2 bucks fighting in front of me at about 18 yards last night! I was hun ting from the ground, ie was pretty cool, to bad I didn't have a buck tag. I watched one of them for about 45 minutes eating apples off the tree, perfect Longbow range!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I won't say I've seen 'em "fight".....but I watched 3 sparring matches between 5 bucks in one day two seasons ago. The first two were really tame....and then last one got a "little" rougher....until the dominance thing was decided (and rather quickly).

But an all-out "fight"? I'd have to say no.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Last season I watched 2 bucks, an 8 pointer and a 10 pointer, go at it for about 20 mins. For 5 mins, it was quite intense. While this was going on,a small 6 point watched form the forest edge. It was the coolest thing I have seen in the woods to date.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fight-fight, or spar? I’ve only ever seen one knock-down-drag-em-out fight. But tons of sparring. Occasionally I will hear some tine tickling off in the distance too. A few times I’ve pulled into my spot for the hunt and heard bucks fighting out in the fields.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen and heard both extreme fighting as well as sparing many times.

In fact, last evenings sit I heard to lock up and clash for about 2 seconds. Never saw them.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant say that ive seen an all out fight, but have seen bucks lightly spar before.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a couple young bucks bumpin heads the other night. Seen them spare a lot of times but only seen a real fight once. They had a circle in the high grass mowed down 50 ft around (just a guess) Both where nice bucks and no I didnt get a shot at them. To far.It was very cool!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen 2 nasty fights in my bowhunting career. One while driving to my spot about 10 years ago. 2 mature big boys got into it for about 20 seconds, and I watched the bigger one shove the smaller one into a barbed wire fence 10 yards off a dirt road. They both had bloody holes in their bodies and hind quarters, and both looked they had run a marathon; completely exhausted with tongues dangling out of their mouths.

3 years ago I was in a tree one evening and had 2 younger bucks chasing a doe all around my tree all evening. A nice 9 point showed up about half an hour before dark. And all the deer disapeared behind me, and all got quiet. 15 minutes later, I heard some antlers clattering, and turned to see the 9 point lock up head to head with a smaller buck and push him straight backward into a creek bed. He then turned around and took off after another smaller buck and basically rammed his rack into his side and bulldozed him about 15 yards through a briar thicket. For about1 minute the woods sounded like someone was driving a truck through them. Little does and button bucks scattered as the 9 pt. rained chaos on the little teenager bucks that were after his doe. 4 days later I moved my stand and ended his bullying days and put his head on my wall.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couple years ago I was sitting in my tree watching over a bean field and all of a sudden heard this loud ruckus in a thicket on the other side of the field. It sounded like a bulldozer wash crashing through the woods tearing everything up. There were a couple small bucks running around in a circle in the field looking into the thicket.I then realized that it was an all out battle between two bucks.The loser of them ran out of the thicket with half of his left antler broke off and the victor, which was a 140 - 150" 10pt came out of the thicket chasing a doe,which must have been the cause of the fight.

One of the best experiences I've ever had in the woods

Quick Reply: Have you seen bucks fight? Heard em' fight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.