Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK Rage rubber band guys....what size >

OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Old 10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

For anyone who wants them, I still have bands for about a dozen (+the extra bands) for Rocky MTN snypers.

I'm sure they will work...
Pick me, pick me...Ive been looking for some rubber bands for mine.
You gave away my striker, but fine.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Rubber Band? I don't know the group. What kind of music do they play?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha, thats like the only advantage i get for having braces is that i get as many o rings as i want!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did a test as well Jeff and found deployment was complete after going thru a piece or corregated cardboard. I was successful with them last year and deployment wasn't an issue with the Rockets..
Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I was on stand yesterday...and looking fown at the #7 ring I'd put on my arrow.....and promptly took it off. I hadn't fired a practice arrow with it on.....and it's not "tiny".

I'll shoot a few practice heads with them on before I hunt with them.....but if they work out OK in practice.....I'll use 'em.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Have you ever had problems with them opening in flight Jeff? I have some o-rings that I use when bass fishing... that I was going to place in the same area that Matt mentioned. I have never actually shot the heads and hear that as long as they are seated correctly then they should be good. I know you're an avid Rage user so I figured now would be the time to ask.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take one of a new one and go into a parts store and show them. They will have them for about .10$ apeice.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Witha Son that just had braces off..I'm all set!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the love of God are we talking about rubber bands or O-rings? Would SOMEONE please clear this up?

I would NOT put an o-ring similar to what Rage uses for their blade retention AROUND the blades themselves.
I would put a simple dental/rocket/snyper yellowish stretchy little style rubber band around the blades. They stretch easily....hard o-rings do not, and are easilt rolled, slid or cut out of the way as the blades deploy.

If you put an actual thick inflexible rubber O-ring around the blades like that black one UNDER the blades you are asking for trouble.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

For the love of God are we talking about rubber bands or O-rings? Would SOMEONE please clear this up?

I would NOT put an o-ring similar to what Rage uses for their blade retention AROUND the blades themselves.
I would put a simple dental/rocket/snyper yellowish stretchy little style rubber band around the blades. They stretch easily....hard o-rings do not, and are easilt rolled, slid or cut out of the way as the blades deploy.

If you put an actual thick inflexible rubber O-ring around the blades like that black one UNDER the blades you are asking for trouble.
I was wondering this too. The responses seem to be split 50/50 between talking about rubberbands and o-rings. lol I dont think anyone would really put a black o ring around the blades actually, hopefully...

Quick Reply: OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.