Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK Rage rubber band guys....what size >

OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Default RE: OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

GMMat he is talking about the hard rubber o- ring not what your wanting to get to hold them down.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Planter:

I went to Lowe's....and looked at the #5 o-rings. TOO small (IMO). I'd be afraid it would hold the blades closed. Probably won't.....but it's too small for my comfort level. I took a BH with me....and the #7 seems fine...if you put it out on the shoulder of the blades (leading edge). I'm getting ready to test it on some different thickness paper and such to make sure it's OK. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

For anyone who wants them, I still have bands for about a dozen (+the extra bands) for Rocky MTN snypers.

I'm sure they will work...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

For anyone who wants them, I still have bands for about a dozen (+the extra bands) for Rocky MTN snypers.

I'm sure they will work...
Pick me, pick me...Ive been looking for some rubber bands for mine.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

whatever Rocket uses for their broadheads is what i use........any place that sells Rocket broadheads should have little packs of these hanging right next to the replacement blades.
Gander Mt. had some last time I was there a few weeks ago.

Rick James and myself have been putting them on the blade "shoulders" up near the tip of the broadhead but it seems like that spot might actually be a bit overkill for holding them closed.
It puts a lot of tension on the blades inward and the last couple deer RJ has shot he said the entrances haven't been QUITE as impressive as without the bands. (could be coincidence?)
We're both going to try the center position around the little built in "notch" where the blades cross.

I was messing with the bands in that spot and it appears they hold them closed nicely but when the blades start to deploy outward are cut instantly which is probably a better scenario.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

whatever Rocket uses for their broadheads is what i use........any place that sells Rocket broadheads should have little packs of these hanging right next to the replacement blades.
Gander Mt. had some last time I was there a few weeks ago.

Rick James and myself have been putting them on the blade "shoulders" up near the tip of the broadhead but it seems like that spot might actually be a bit overkill for holding them closed.
It puts a lot of tension on the blades inward and the last couple deer RJ has shot he said the entrances haven't been QUITE as impressive as without the bands. (could be coincidence?)
We're both going to try the center position around the little built in "notch" where the blades cross.

I was messing with the bands in that spot and it appears they hold them closed nicely but when the blades start to deploy outward are cut instantly which is probably a better scenario.
That is exactly what I do and have had great success with them. I even shoot them thru the mesh on my pop up.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

UNsuccessful test with the #7 o-ring in the spot I had figured (towards the leading edge).

Without the oring on the blades....the blades deploy as the head is pushed through a common plastic grocery bag (taut). With the o-ring in place (original placement cited)....they didn't deploy at all while being pushed through a heavy duty lawn garbag bag. When I moved the to the place the Matts say to put them.....only one blade deployed.

I moved it "halfway"....and they both deployed, each time (5 tests).

I know this isn't "scientific" (at all).....but I found a "happy median", I think. I'm convinced this way will work on a deer.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

what does a #7 O-ring look like??
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

#5 O rings from hardware store work perfect!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Jeff,

I use sewin thread. I just wrap once and tie. They break/cut on impact, and hold in place while quivered. Might want to give it a try and stop shopping while you should be huntin!

Quick Reply: OK Rage rubber band guys....what size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.