Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Arrows??

Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Default New Arrows??

I will be in the market for new arrows after this season.

Im looking for accuracy, durability, and consistancy.

What arrow gives me all three??

Especialy duability and strength because I had an accident this year and really dont want to do that again. I was my falt for not checking the arrows but still strength might have prevented this.

Heres the link to the story

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3072736&mpage=1&key=freak%2cacci dent&#3072736

Your suggestions please.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Arrows??

easton a/c/c...expensive but has everything you want. although i have bought more since then and lost some and broke some because of STUPID mistakes, i still have some of the original dozen i bought6 years ago
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

After having shot many different types and brands of arrows over the last 35+ years I would have to concur with the suggestions about ACC's. One hing though. Everybody yaks about durability. This is something that should be a non-issue. Almost any arrow is durable if the right spine is chosen and they are shot into a good target. Start shooting groups, especially at short distances, like under 40 yards, and you are likely to break some nocks and shafts. Miss what you are aiming at and hot rocks and trees and damage is highly likely. Arrows that pass through an animal and hit something are possibly going to be damaged. Shoot enough and trashing an arrow once in a while is part of the price to be paid for playing the game. And it doesn't matter what arrow you are shooting.

Consistency? The only carbon arrow I've seen spine deviation specs for is the ACC's. Everybody gets on this kick about which is the straightest and has the best weight tolerance within a dozen. Sure these things are important, but not as important as spine deviation around the whole shaft or within a dozen arrows. By the way, I have a ACC tech manual and spine deviation is .005". It's right there in black and white.

Accuracy? Well, as always arrows are only as accurate as the shooter and frankly some of the lousiest arrows made are probably accurate enough to be shot by most people. But for better than average or the discerning archer there is no substitute for spending money. Higher price generally buysyou better arrows, but I would not spend upwards of $100+ for any AC arrow made. They aren't worth what some are spending for them. Good point is some of the newer CE arrows; $129/doz? You gotta be joking. For $15 more you can be shooting ACC's which are one of the best all round arrows you can get, short of X10 or Navigators or other such arrows.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

on the affordable side and very good is Carbon Express Rebel Hunters. 45/60 or 60/75. Rebel Hunters are a heavy arrow and very consistent. get raw shafts and have the proshop put blazer vanes on them for a little more speed.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Texgrebby87

on the affordable side and very good is Carbon Express Rebel Hunters. 45/60 or 60/75. Rebel Hunters are a heavy arrow and very consistent. get raw shafts and have the proshop put blazer vanes on them for a little more speed.
I just bought a half dozen Rebel hunters, in 60/75. I upgraded from Easton Aluminums, and I did notice that my groups got smaller, just with the change in Arrows.

I am happy with them, and they are affordable.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

ya im with you on the a/c/c's ive heard good rep about them i wish i could afford them
Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

A/C/C's all the way, best out there!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

i haven't shot all that many different ones but i shoot victoryv force arrows, supposed to have one of the strictest straightness tolerances in the industry...they better for 135 bucksa dozen
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Aren't the A/C/C made of a compositealloy?I'm curious to know if they bend? This is one of the reasons I love the all Carbon shaft, such as the Carbon Express Maximas. I've actually shot through several deer with the same arrow - still straight!

I once bounced one of the floor in an indoor range, and it is just as straight as ever. I thought about the A/C/C's, but I'm not sure about the alloy component.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Gold tips.

Quick Reply: New Arrows??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.