Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What attractant scents do you use... >

What attractant scents do you use...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What attractant scents do you use...

Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default What attractant scents do you use...

What attractant scents do you use, the manufacturerand why do you like the one(s) you use?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What attractant scents do you use...

I use the Prime Time scents. Last year was the first year that I have used this brand. The only reason that I started using the Primetime scents is because there is a guy who is very well known in Minnesota that writes a weekly column in our outdoor news paper here, that claims that he uses these scents here in Minnesota (not to far from where I live actually), and has for years. He wrote an article last year about how he has always had good success using primetime here in Minnesota. I had always used Tinks, but I never really had much luck with them, so I figured I would give it a try.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Spike

last year used tinks and a local place called Southwest Scents. Both seemed to work ok
Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

NONE, been there, done that. All junk IMO. Learn the woods you hunt, hunt funnels and pinch points, and ALWAYS use the wind in your favor. You will kill more deer than all ofthat expensive pee that money can buy.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

NONE, been there, done that. All junk IMO. Learn the woods you hunt, hunt funnels and pinch points, and ALWAYS use the wind in your favor. You will kill more deer than all ofthat expensive pee that money can buy.
X2... the only "scent" I use is scent killer brand. and keeping the wind in your favor is rule numero uno.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.bobkirschnerdeerlure.com/
Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have not gone out with them yet. but my Cover scent is accorns and Foxpiss, but when your sweating because you crawled 300yards threw an alphalpha field and when your 60 yards out and you go to check the range and your damn realise is in the way of the lazer and while you mess with that theres just enough movment for one doe to lock onto you, but she cant see you very well and she still cant smell you and she cant tell what you are So she gets a little closer but still out of range, and as if on ceu the wind will change and hit that seat on the back of your neck and she knows exactly what and where you are, and that white flag goes up and she makes an unGodly snort and the hole head of does takes off. But in a cold deerstand I think it should work fairly well.

I have 4 scent bombs, 2 tinks69, 1trophybuckpiss, and 1 superlure... I plan to set the two 69s one on either side of my deer trail at 15 yards from my stand tree, the super lure on my right side perpenticular with my stand and over a 4 foot scrap in the deer trail on the right side closest to the rubline the trophy buckpiss on the left.

I do not know how it will work but The Code blue stuff could work better, but its too damn expensive.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

any other thoughts from the forum
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

This time of the year I tend to use trails end #307, it s anice sweet smell and seems to give the deer a calming effect. Starting next week ill probably start using some tinks.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 AM

Has anybody used James Valley?