Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too Easy!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Too Easy!

Have you ever had the situation where a deer presented itself too easily? I did tonight. This afternoon, even though it was still really windy, I decided to get in a stand down in the bottoms. I was walking out of the yard and got to the edge of the mowed lawn when two adult does stood up from the tall grass and stood there presenting me with a 5 yard broadside shot on either one of them. I nocked up an arrow and they continued to stand there. I drew back and they still just sood there 15 feet from me. I eased off and said "Ladies, you're really lucky I'm not hungry right now." As I walked off, they both laid back down. I got up in the stand and for the next 2 1/2 hours didn't see another deer. When I got back to the yard, I could see the outline of two deer down next to the pond behind the house drinking. Had I been in the stand and they came along and gave me a shot, I probably would have dropped one, but in the yard? It just seemed too easy.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too Easy!

i went out last year during early muzzleloader with the sole intent of putting meat on the ground. I got all suited up and closed the truck door, walked 25 yrds to the top of the hill and two does were standing in front of me. i put meat on the ground, cleaned it, took it home, put it in the cooler and was back in the woods in less than an hour hunting for some bone

Hey, a man's gotta take what he can get sometimes...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You still gotta hit em!!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Nope... no such thing. There's too many times when I don't get a shot to offset any of the easy one's!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've had similar things happen. It is crazy.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good man Mark! That's admirable of you. It kind of takes the hunt out of hunting doesn't it?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I have had lots of little bucks roaming around 15 yards or less, giviing me lots of chances, but opted to pass.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an agreement with the wife and kids that I won't shoot the does that hang around the back yard. I did say I won't give a nice buck the same quarter.

My daughter took a pic of five does and yearlings standing in the middle of my shooting range a couple a weeks ago. A measured 20 yards to the Rhinhart 18/1. I should see if she still has the pic on her SD card.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

happens every year,
i was about 6 inches form this little dinker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...an/toclose.jpg
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Last season while it was still warm i made a trip out to my woods to refill my feeder. I was dressed in gym shorts, t-shirt and flip flops when all of a sudden two decent sized bucks come walking at me to investigate. They stood 15 yards behind me the entire 10-15 minutes that i was there. They just stomped there feet and stared at me with a very intrigued look on there faces. I had my bow in the truck but i just didn't feel right about shooting one of them. They were just too darn cute.

Quick Reply: Too Easy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.