HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Wisconsin 4 day antlerless hunt whats your take? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268992-wisconsin-4-day-antlerless-hunt-whats-your-take.html)

jemrami9 10-20-2008 11:17 AM

Wisconsin 4 day antlerless hunt whats your take?

Now that the 4 day antlerless hunt is all wrapped up, just wanted to see what the fellow cheeseheads think of the whole thing. Personally I am glad its done and wish it ceased to exist.

130woodman 10-20-2008 11:45 AM

RE: Wisconsin 4 day antlerless hunt whats your take?

It's not so bad at this time of year but when they had it the last weekend of October that really messed up the rut.

jemrami9 10-20-2008 11:48 AM

Yeah, definitely helped by moving it up earlier in October. This was the first year where it was strictly antlerless deer only for everyone right? I wonder how many people got themselves into a bit of a pinch by not catching that change from last year?

130woodman 10-20-2008 12:08 PM

When they started that hunt it was a doe only hunt. Then they added bucks to it a couple of years ago. I haven't read the law this year because my area didn't have the hunt.

bowtech.tribute 10-20-2008 12:08 PM

The 4 day antlerless season is a total JOKE!! Not a whole lot of people were hunting this weekend in my area. The people that dont have their own land that want to hunt could't because land owners would't let them... I think wisconsin try and have an early muzzleloader season and see how that goes.. other states have it and it seems to work out...I know it is hot, but why not give it a try.. this antlerless season is a JOKE!

jemrami9 10-20-2008 12:25 PM

Yeah, there was a definite lack of hunters headed out this year for sure. I know last year it was safe to shoot a buck with a bow only as far as I remember. The only hang up was the fact that bowhunters had to wear blaze orange as well. Heck, everyone had to wear blaze except for duck hunters. This year was strictly antlerless only for everyone. Either way I still think its mostly a joke.

mcagney014 10-20-2008 01:25 PM

I really don't think it is all that bad. It really helped moving it up to the middle of October so it doesn't interfere with the rut. But i think it is a nice hunt especially for gun hunters... gives them another weekend and a chance to get a buck tag.

jemrami9 10-20-2008 06:39 PM

Definitely helps with obtaining that EAB tag

blakefrautschi 10-20-2008 06:42 PM

I dont like it, but i can deal with it. If anything they should have it even a little earlier or not at all. But really not too bad.

also from everyone i know who went out they didnt get anything so thats fine if there wasnt any shooting going on[8D]