Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Some NC deer and some questions (pics) >

Some NC deer and some questions (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Some NC deer and some questions (pics)

Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Some NC deer and some questions (pics)

Ok so I have some questions for you photo enhancers. Here are some of the deer on my little 60ac piece.

Question 1- Id love to take Deer #1. I want that rediculous crab claw gone. I know it's hard to manage genetics...esp in a place this small, but I still wanna take him. What do you guys think? He's a known 3.5y/o...fresh outa velvet in that pic...note the red coloration.

Question #2- Can anybody enhance the pic or know if theres a way. I can see that it looks like a decent buck, but cant see a left side.

Question #3- The shot it poor and the only one I have with his rack, but anybody think it is deer number one? Deer #2? I know deer number 1 and 2 arent the same, but can't tell if this buck is either one.

Deer number 4 is my 'pet'...he comes to see me every time I hunt my favorite stand.

Had these pics a while but never thought anything about them to post them since theyre dwarfs compared to most deer on here. Good deer for around here. I killed a 'nice' 3.5y/o 8pter on 9/13/08 (hadnt saw the pics til after I killed him) and thought I had one of the bigger deer of the property. I have pretty decent age structure in my bucks. Got several 1.5y/o's...saw a couple of 2.5y/o. Know of 2 3.5y/o's (the 8pt I killed and Deer #1) and I think Deer #2 is a 4.5 y/o that we have a shed of from last year Ive been after. Not bad for a small 60ac piece that is surrounded by trigger happy gun hunters looking for something brown.

Deer #1

Deer #2

Deer #3

Deer #4
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Some NC deer and some questions (pics)

Are you sure they're all different? The 1st one and the one with his back turned .....could they be the same deer?
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me pic 1 & 2 look like the same deer. The other pic looks like a differant buck. Take what makes you happy.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

PIC 1 & 2 are the same deer= Deer #1...thats obviously
Pic # 3= Deer #2
Pic #4= Deer #3
Pic #5= Deer #4...he's safe as far as Im concerned. The others would get blasted in heart beat.

The labels are at the top....see Deer #1 is one pic one...skip to on top of pic number 3 and thats deer number 2 and so forth. sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I was just asking if Deer No. 3 and Deer no. 1 couldn't be the same deer.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

could possibly be....if you zoom in on deer number two...he doesnt have the crab claw like deer number one....he's the one I think is 4.5. I just cant see a left tine?