Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New York Report

Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Default RE: New York Report

Holy crap the deer were moving tonight. Saw a small 4 point chasing a doe, and like 6 other does throughout the evening. All the does were either just out of range, or didn't present me with a good shot opportunity. But hell was it a good night in the deerstand tonight... man I love this stuff!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I need to hunt with you then Chad lol. I'm not seeing didly squat.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Isn't it funny how the big bucks know that it is just not the "time" to be chasing.

It is amazing how things can change quickly

ORIGINAL: psearcher4life

Holy crap the deer were moving tonight. Saw a small 4 point chasing a doe, and like 6 other does throughout the evening. All the does were either just out of range, or didn't present me with a good shot opportunity. But hell was it a good night in the deerstand tonight... man I love this stuff!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seemingly have lost access to an area that I have 5 tree stands set in.Not the area itself but the way in to the area.I have two tree's in there with two stands in them.I set them that way so I can hunt with my 17 year old nephew and try to help him.
As a result of not being able to get in to these stands I took my nephew yesterday afternoon to a stand I have set quite high on a mountain.I put a stand on my back and hoofed up steep side hill to get to this location.I needed to have a second stand in this tree.
We got situated pretty quickly.We saw three doe's and they didn't come through until 6:10.I was reallly surprised at how late they got on their feet,especially as high up as we were.We had no shot opportunities.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Spike

Last night I saw a buck chasin a doe hard, here in central NY. I was able to see her the entire time, and she lost him in the high grass.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isent it really early to see chasing already? compared to other years.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been seeing a bunch of little 1 1/2 and 2 year olds but tonight was the forst big boy unfortunatly he was 100 yards or more nad over a creek away. I'm shocked at the little guy activity. Lots of scrapes though
Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

In the past I have seen smaller 1.5 year old bucks show interest in does with no interest returned back. They tend to chase and harass the does and be responsive to soft grunts and light rattling.

If you listen to Charles Alsheimer, the chase phase will start to intensify Nov 9th and end on Nov 19th...

This is just the beginning, but I believe the big boys are about 3 weeks from showing themselves more often

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

Isent it really early to see chasing already? compared to other years.