Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do in stand? >

What to do in stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in stand?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:50 AM

Default RE: What to do in stand?

When i go hunting i go to hunt if I needed extra activities to keep me entertained then guess i wouldnt be into hunting that much and I would stay home was always told that hunting was time to relax and enjoy the outdoors when my grandpa was showin me the ropes 20 some yearsago he would have had a fit if I would have taken headphones or something to keep me entertained guess im just old fashioned like that.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

I have a small radio that I bring with me, with a single earpiece. I don't listen to music, but I do listen to baseball/football games while in stand in the afternoon. About an hour of daylight left, the earpiece comes off though.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Have 3 kids, twin 3y/o and a 5y/o.....you enjoy the time in the stand much more then because of the silence!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:43 AM

i have twin 7yr olds and another 7yr old a 9yr old and a 11 yr old that all like to go and they are pretty good bout being quiet and watching nature
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM

I'm just an old man and the last thing I need to hear is a phone or a radio. When I go out to hunt I enjoy listening to everything out in the woods.It's so peaceful, I take it all in like it is my last day on earth. My wife asked me if I thought about what she is doing at home when I am out hunting. I told her I don't think about her or what she is doing, I'm thinking what is my game plan when I see a deer. How can anyone get bored wih all the beauty that is around you while hunting.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Listening to music? Wow I thought hunting was entertaining enough.There's no waythey'd hear your music with headphones though, as well as no way you would hear them either.

Good Luck.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been tempted to take one of the kids mp3 players, they have no moving parts. As far as hearing them I almost always see them first.

I do pick up on other animals comunicating and the music might get in the way of that.

Whatever it takes to keep you out there.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My ears are my primary deer locators, why wouldI wanna plug em??
Old 10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Listen to music while deer hunting??? Are you friggen serious???
Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used toget extremely bored when hunting, and i would read and text and stuff. Now the only thing i can do is listen. I cant have anything covering my ears or i feel like ill miss something. I always hear the deer before i see it.

Quick Reply: What to do in stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.