Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do in stand? >

What to do in stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in stand?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:36 PM

Default RE: What to do in stand?

hunt?????
Old 10-18-2008, 02:37 PM

Well,Im in my stand right now and seen my first deer this year within 30 mins in the stand, right a 4:06. Well its walking right into my shooting lane when I get a call. Forgot to put my phone on silent.....GRRRRRRR Guess the deer dont like to party till da AM?[:@][:@]So pissed, think im going to callingit quits.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see having the music on if you can hardly hear it, so you can still hear what's going on around you. But playing a game or texting...how do youstay focused to what you are there for. Hard to hold a bow and phone or gameboy. At least it is for me. I don't multytask very well, just ask the wife...
Old 10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually sit still and look for deer but when i get really bored i have tetris on my phone so i play that every once and a while
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me old fashioned I guess...I hunt when I'm in my stand. If I wanted to listen to music, read, or play games I'd stay home. I rarely everget bored, I just love being out there.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Call me old fashioned I guess...I hunt when I'm in my stand. If I wanted to listen to music, read, or play games I'd stay home. I rarely everget bored, I just love being out there.
X2
Saved me typing it - I hunt to hunt.

Steve
Old 10-18-2008, 07:41 PM

Call me old fashioned I guess...I hunt when I'm in my stand. If I wanted to listen to music, read, or play games I'd stay home. I rarely ever get bored, I just love being out there.
ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

me too, some would say I go out there to read, but I take a gun with me just incase, lol. What can I say, venison is sooooo tasty
Old 10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Dominant Buck

If I detect 100 deer, here.....I'll HEAR 85 of them before I see them.

I even hate the fact that I have a mask over my ears......but it's needed. I wouldn't listen to music and hunt.....unless I didn't care too much about hunting (care about scoring).
Old 10-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Yea like I said I did it once. I didnt like it one bit. I still felt a bit distracted and never bothered trying it again.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll text on occasion, when I first get out there.

Otherwise, I hunt. And solve the worlds problems in my head. lol

Quick Reply: What to do in stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.