Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do in stand? >

What to do in stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in stand?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:04 PM

Default What to do in stand?

Think it word hurt to listen to music in the stand? If so how low would you have to play it so the deer wouldnt hear it?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:07 PM

Default RE: What to do in stand?

Hmm not sure. Try to find the song that goes with the opening credits in Disneys Bambi? Let me know how that turns out for ya)))) j/k

Dave
Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I look for deer when I'm hunting...
Old 10-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

the best way to play music without deer hearing is withheadphones or earphones. I keep busy with texting my friends that are hunting also. .
If you have kids, then take there gameboys or what ever they have from them and play that.

Volume wise for volume I wouldn't know exacualy but a good way to test it while in your stand is take your headphones off then turn the volume all the way up and cover the ear part with your palm or something (acting as a ear because it does differ from having something there and not). Just turn it down till you can't hear it anymore or till you think the deer wont hear it.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:17 PM

I have somebody to text <3, ha, that should work.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 PM

How you gonna hear a deer coming towards you or rustling leaves if you have music in your ear?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not just take in all of the surroundings?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

get a ipod then why worry my dad's can be like all the way up before you can hear it sitting right next to him
Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 PM

I read a book, or cabelas/BPS magazines. I'll even take manufacturers magazines with me to learn about new products/technology. I look up and around extremely often, and I can still hear things coming.

I don't go hunting just to kill deer though. I enjoy being in the woods, but I have a very short attention span. If I get to shoot a deer that's a bonus. I enjoy shooting my bow and guns with my friends just for the camaraderie.

I don't believe the books/magazines hurt my chances of taking a deer either. I'll see plenty of them, and I'm able to shoot as many as wish.

Sometimes I just sit and enjoy looking at the surroundings too just for the quiet and time to think.

Good luck finding something to help you pass the time.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have an mp3 player I took with me to the stand once. I have the earphones that stick in your ear, but I only put one in so I had the other ear open to listen for foot steps. I had the volume as low as I could get it without it being off.

Quick Reply: What to do in stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.