Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what type and how many deer tags? >

what type and how many deer tags?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what type and how many deer tags?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what type and how many deer tags?

you said it good. better then i did though the book or the dnr people do not say it as clear as i did. The local dnr office had no idea as two how it counted up heck they did not even understand the fact the bonus tags went from bow to gun to ml season. [:@]
ORIGINAL: Trex

In Indiana we have a "One Buck" rule. You can take only one buck during all seasons. Doe, or anterless, permits are almost unlimited and your second and subsequent permits are discounted. There is an antlerless quota for each county but some counties allow you as many as eight. I counted up last year that you could, theoretically, take over 300 deer. The antlerless permits are valid during all of the various hunting seasons.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 PM

Texas has 3 either sex and 2 antlerless
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Spike

I read one thread on here someone said (how I took it) was they were whitetail hunting and a mule deer walk in and they shot it. Does some antlered tagswork for acouple species?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

not sure where there at but i think here and ky there is no tag for mule deer i think you either use a deer tag or you do not need a tag. Not sure which
ORIGINAL: kruggy1

I read one thread on here someone said (how I took it) was they were whitetail hunting and a mule deer walk in and they shot it. Does some antlered tagswork for acouple species?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

In my DMU (deer management unit) I can take 2 bucks, one with 4 points or more on one side, that is a combo license. I can buy up to5 doe tags.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depending upon the licenses purchased.This year I have an archery tag that is either sex,a muzzleloader/archery tag that is antlerless only,a rifle tag that is buck only and a management permit for one of my units.(Doe only)You can actually get a second management permit,which I did not get this year.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

not sure where there at but i think here and ky there is no tag for mule deer i think you either use a deer tag or you do not need a tag. Not sure which
ORIGINAL: kruggy1

Thats because KY and IN have no mule deer population.

Many western states, I think all actually, sell the tags as deer tags...they dont differentiate between the species for selling tags. Often times, they are in season at the same times as well, it would cut down on alot of illegal poaching and such before it even happens this way.

I know SD, AZ, and many other states are simply deer tags. Whether you fill it with a mule deer, whitetail, blacktail, coues, etc...doesnt matter, so long as that species is in season at the time.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

early bow 1 antlered and unlimited does
(permit)reg bow -1 antlered and unlimited does
winter bow -1 ant and unlimited does
shotgun 1 ant unlimeted does
muzzy 1 ant and inlimited does
six day firarm i antlred unlimted

nj to many tags