Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Roadtrips Episode #2 (PIC's UP!) "The Southern Leg" >

PA Roadtrips Episode #2 (PIC's UP!) "The Southern Leg"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Roadtrips Episode #2 (PIC's UP!) "The Southern Leg"

Old 10-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Roadtrips Episode #2 (PIC's UP!) "The Southern Leg"

We had one heck of a night last night and as soon as we get settled in here for lunch we will get the pictures up and stories! I promise it's gonna be good!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wow just wait till you see these pictures...coming soon!

Oh thats just wrong doing that to use. lol

Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

A kick in the nards for every hour we wait for those pics. You are going to be one hurting unit.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking forward to them. Thanks for the update PM, guys.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cant wait Tim!!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Here we go again......lol.

Is it too much to just wait for the freakin pics to post?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to wonder although I think I know why I was invited down. Basically it was to find, drag and then process deer. Not my own of course.

No sooner was Matt in his stand and he had a doe and not just any doe arrowed. He arrowed queen B matriarch of all does. As I sat on the highway listening to traffic (video later) I not only didn't hear Matt shoot his ultra quiet Admiral, I didn't hear the doe literally run into the corn 20 yards behind me after he arrowed it. I did however hear a ruckus under me only to turn and see one of the big bucks we were after jump up, two leaps and disappear not 15 yards away from me. He either was bedded there the whole time when I walked in and climbed up or he came down through because of Matt's doe. Either way, I saw a split second of tail and large rack in his two leaps. I saw one other deer right at dark thirty. I didn't take the shot due to not knowing if it were a button but I digress.

The text came through, Matt nailed one. A couple hours later, Tim's text came through, he nailed one too. Not 5 minutes passed when I heard Ben shoot. I could see Ben so I threw up the binos and he gives me a smile and a thumbs up. Now, there poor Rob sits deerless. [:'(]

10 minutes might have passed and I heard some crashing down below me. I glassed the area and saw brush moving but nothing more. I wondered if it were Ben's deer.

We all met back at truck and formed a plan. I were to go with Matt for his recovery, Ben and Tim went after Ben's.

Matt and I had a very easy blood trail but we ended up traveling about 100 yards into and through a corn field when we heard a deer go. Now this was 3 hours later. We continued on the trail but alas, it wasn't far.

Ben and Tim caught up to us by now saying it's bad news on Ben's deer. I highly doubted that as I thought for sure the crash I heard was his deer but they found guts on the ground. It's been 4 hours so I said let's go to where I saw that ruckus, I know exactly where that is.

We walk down, I walk in and say. Here she is. He entered back and exited the shoulder, full length perfectly smoked!

As Matt and Ben field dressed her, Tim and I headed for his deer. There was zero blood and that actually became evident of the plugged hit. His deer was down in seconds but didn't bleed.

We followed roughed up leaves and trail and Tim came upon her not 40 yards.

Tim's was the only one with milk, we figured a 1.5 year old. Ben's was much bigger and dry, probably a 3.5 because Matt's dwarfed them all and she was dry as well. We took a lower jaw to see but we figured 5.5 plus.

Back at Wild Outfitters as we call it now.

And I got my pouting ass in there.

Seriously, we are having a blast. We have all 3 process, bagged and on ice and we're having lunch and then we're cleaning up and heading out again. Tim thinks I'll have a sure thing this afternoon, one of them might film me, I don't know but I have interesting footage from my sit yesterday and this am. No deer but interesting.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are having quite the good time that's great. No worries Rob the best is yet to come. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Great post Rob. Glad you guys are having fun. (Wondering why I can't see the pics[:@])

How many tags ya'll got? Sounds like the deer are cooperating.

You guys have all worked hard....now go enjoy yourselves some more! Kudos to the whole crowd.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Bartender

Love it Rob and I know you are saving yourself for IL.

Quick Reply: PA Roadtrips Episode #2 (PIC's UP!) "The Southern Leg"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.