Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening morning a bust grrrr >

Opening morning a bust grrrr

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening morning a bust grrrr

Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening morning a bust grrrr

[:@]Well the much anticipated opening morning for me in NY was a bust so far. I got to my stand at 6am, got all set up and waited for daylight. At 6:45 still a little dark, I hear some noise coming down from behind me. I,m thinking it was just a pesky squirrel coming down the deer trail that I am watching. Nope, it was a deer. CRAP [:@]I try to get my bow ever so slowly and then it stopped about 5 yards from my stand. I freeze, waiting for it to continue on its way and it wouldn't. I move my arm to rest it on the tree and that was enough for that deer, it said, LATER I'M OUT OF HERE. I didn't get to see what it was, just that it was a deer. After sitting for another 3 hours I had to come in, I thought I dressed warm enough but I didn't. 25 degrees out this morning. I have a bad back and Ihave 6 screws and 2 rods and 2 cages ( Titanium )in my lower back and once I get cold enough to shiver, which I was, I'm done. My back cant take that, it gets to painful, so I came home. Glad I was only 1/4 mile from home. I will go back out later and hope for something to fling an arrow at. Hope someone in NY had better luck than me.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Opening morning a bust grrrr

I choose to sleep in and hunt the evening, it's only the 18 of oct and I have to put on my heavyweights to go hunting, I would much rather ease into the cold than bust it out right away, plus it's a new spot that Ive scouted and it seems to be a evening spot. Good luck tonight folks.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least you saw a deer close. It will happen the huntdoesn't sound like a complete bust.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

At 6:45 this morning....I couldn't see a deer from a squirrel.....lol (sunrise was at 7:28).

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it gets acclaimated soon.

Good luck.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It probably wasn't a shooter anyway. Thats what I will keep telling my self anyway So far the only pics I have from my trail cam for that spot are a medium size doe, a yearling and a spike. The land owner told me not to shoot any doe's this year. And I wont take a spike this early in the season. On the last couple of day anything go's, except a doe on his land,as I want some meat in the freezer. I haven't ever shot a doe on his land and saw mostly bucks last year. I can hunt next door for a doe. Some day I hope to have some land of my own.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My back will forever be what it is. The doc's have basicallytold me to live with it,and I have pain pills that I take on a daily basis.Thank you for the hope tho.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bud, some action is better than no action!

Shane
Old 10-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sr77

Hey bud, some action is better than no action!

Shane
I agree with you there. I was glad to see something. I will try again later in a different spot. I have game cam pics of deer coming in around 6pm.So we will see what happens in that spot tonight.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool, can't wait to here an update after tonight. Sounds like you have them around at least. I tell ya what with the moon still bright, get out there early afternoon and sit until dark. I have been seeing alot of movement mid afternoon. Best of luck bud.

Shane
Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya this moon needs to go away. Hopefully next week they will move around a little more in the day light. But until then I guess we have to deal with what where delt

Quick Reply: Opening morning a bust grrrr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.