Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are Climbing Stands too Noisy? >

Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Spike

Default Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

I have been bow hunting hunting primarily from ladder stands, but want to start using my Summit climber more. Are the climbers to noisy if left locked to a tree eliminating the setup noise? Any bad or positive experiences with them???
Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Spike

Default RE: Are Climbing Stands to Noisy?

I look forward to some of the more experienced BowHunters comments on this one. I have often wondered the same thing, especialy early morning setups. No matter how hard I try, it is hard to set up a climber quietly.

Mack34
Old 10-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I hunted out of my summit, this morning....and I got up pretty quietly. Thing is....if you think about it....aren't you supposed to beat them to the spot, anyways? Isn't that one of the reason you go in early?.......get there before they do??

Unless you're making a big fuss.....or right on top of their bedding area (which really shouldn't matter in the morning, either,......unless they're already home).

Don't sweat it. Leave a little early and take your time.

I don't know if I qualify as a "veteran".....(as I've only been bowhunting 3 years...4 seasons).....but I've climbed probably 140 times in that time.......120 or so of those have been in a summit.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it depends on the stand, but it helps to be careful and take your time. I have an API Grand Slam and I think it's pretty quiet. There's only so much you can do because you're wrapping something metal around a big object in the dark, but you can keep it alot more quiet just by taking your time. It gets better with practice too. Once you get a system down, you can be pretty quiet with one.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you get there early enough to take your time and not rush. You can get into a climbing stand and up a tree pretty quietly. Of course it all depends on how good the stand is to begin with. One of the aspects I look for in a climbing stand is how quietly it packs into the woods. The last thing you want is to be walking to your tree with it clanking the whole way there. I use a Lone Wolf sit and climb and love it. Converted 3 of my other buddies to them after they saw how quiet and easy to use it was. Just my .02

Shane
Old 10-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also use a summit climber and love it. Like everyone else mentioned you have to take your time and set it up. If you get out there in the dark they shouldn't be able to see you. Don't set the alarm off.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Spike

I have a couple different climbers one aluminium and steel, and I have had good luck with mine. Last year I killed an 8pt in oct ,15min after climbing with mine at 10 yds.For awhile thats all I used andkilled 6-7 other deer out of my climbers,and not to include the ones I missedor did get a shot at...lol.

As for setup noise, I recommend using a cable to lock your climber with, chains are to noisy trying to unravel them around the stand.I would get to my stand a little early and took my time climbing, tryto keep the noise level down.

But other than that I believe climbers are great part of your arsonal, being able to be moved and set up quickly...HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sr77

If you get there early enough to take your time and not rush. You can get into a climbing stand and up a tree pretty quietly. Of course it all depends on how good the stand is to begin with. One of the aspects I look for in a climbing stand is how quietly it packs into the woods. The last thing you want is to be walking to your tree with it clanking the whole way there. I use a Lone Wolf sit and climb and love it. Converted 3 of my other buddies to them after they saw how quiet and easy to use it was. Just my .02

Shane
This man said it all. With a LW there is no set up noise.Any noise made is hunter induced. That's Gospel!
Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Default RE: Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

I have seen deer less than five minutes after climbing a tree with my summit. I have also climbed down a tree while watching deer 100 yards across a field. Once you get good at using them climbers are fairly quiet. However I am using primarily hang-ons this year, because the evening area's I'm hunting are pretty close to bedding areas.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: sr77

Shane
This man said it all. With a LW there is no set up noise.Any noise made is hunter induced. That's Gospel!

You said it bud!

Shane

Quick Reply: Are Climbing Stands too Noisy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.